Sunday, May 15, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 166

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 172 Steve Hunsberger, Paul Ruiz, Leanne Pearl and Me, 5-14-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa4ucww9EO0

This was from a little jam we had last night at my humble apartment. It was good time. Many more friends and neighbors arrived shortly thereafter and my place got far more packed that usual. Catching up with UMASS pal Dennis Moore was highlight, but there were many. Nice work as always by Nigel the puppy on cuteness. Paul Ruiz plays trumpet and from the left, we have Steve Hunsberger, (singing a song about his puppy, Abby,) myself (JJ) and, Leanne Pearl, my sweetie.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 172 "Take This Job and Shove It" by David Allen Coe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X86NkemTck0

So I'm doing my best to get past it, but I'm still a bit upset about the way I got railroaded out of my job. God forbid you ask the Board of Education to pay you fairly or the work that you are doing. "Good-bye!" Fine. Everything happens for a reason. One door closes, another opens... All that. Being sick still, I'm sure, is not helping either. So I was trying to take a nap today and I got all ticked off. I calmed quickly, but then I came home and recorded this classic song. Predictable, it made me feel somewhat better.

I learned "Take This Job and Shove It" was written by David Allen Coe and popularized by Johnny Paycheck. Hopefully, this will be just the incentive I need to follow my dreams and do what I want to do most anyway, which is, roughly ( and I stress roughly), this. Creating, offering ideas, solutions, assistance, entertainment.. Something that makes the world a better place and isn;t so full of bureaucratic doody that the stench never comes off.

How can youtube think that doody's not a word? Tell that to generations of kids. youtube, like the Board of Education, is clearly not thinking about the kids. At least youtube's not pretending to be.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 172 "Everything's OK"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAfafs1Y98

I awoke from almost sleeping the other night, 'cause this whole tune was in my head. "Everything's OK" was my attempt to make myself feel better and find perspective relating to the unceremonious way my most recent stint of teaching concluded. It worked somewhat. All things considered, between getting totally screwed and being sick, I've had a pretty good week. Having a wonderful girlfriend helps a lot. Having terrific friends and two cute poochies does too. I am scheduled to become an uncle, for the first time, at 5AM PST tomorrow. That matters a lot more than money, even when you;re scared 'cause you don't have any.

I jumped out of bed, got dressed, accidentally tore my shirt to threads, (long story) and busted out "Everything's OK", more or less, as it appears here. I am glad I have developed these skills. Being able to get stuff off you chest helps a lot too. Everything's OK, even when it really doesn't seem that way, if you have faith.

No comments: