Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 161

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 167 Blair and Kymythy - ""Smoke Two Joints" - 4-20-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieDGhROxww

This is a performance by Blair and Kymythy from my final Open Mic at Portugalia on 4-20-2010. The word on the street is my old spot is closing for good real real soon here. My invitation to come back one more time must have got lost in the mail. Yeah, I was feeling a but nostalgic so I visited my lost Port Open Mic and this is what I decided to share. I miss Blair and Kymythy and their consistent goos vibe. Enjoy their version of "Smoke Two Joints," that they played special for 4-20, the stoner's holy holiday.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 167 "Coming In From The Cold" by Bob Marley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef74Mwoz9Gc

Was really feeling this jam today. Sang it so loud, it distorted. I had to pull the volume down. What can I say? I was feeling. That Bob Marley is always good for some priceless wisdom. Today he said (when I listened to this song) "when one door closes, another must open." I paraphrased that, Well, I'm ready to go. My "job" door closed and I am ready for my "new job" door to open. Ahhh, life. Thanks Bob.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 167 "The Greatest Girl In The World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lWXiWCVC_4

I love my girlfriend Leanne. She has been extremely helpful to me here in the aftermath of suddenly getting ganked out of my teaching job. Almost every night, before I go to sleep, I think to myself, "I get to sleep next to the greatest girl in the world." I mean it. Leanne rocks. By virtue of being my special lady, she just won herself an all-expenses paid, dream vacation to New Jersey. Congratulations honey.

No comments: