Saturday, May 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 172

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 178 The Greens of Mind "Harmony Mountain" - 6-8-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnU0ljYPIwo

The next excerpt from The Greens of Mind's June 8, 2009 show at The Athenaeum Music and Arts Library in La Jolla, CA is "Harmony Mountain." The Greens of Mind feature myself on guitar, Barbara Tolbert on vocals, Charlotte James on violin and guitar and Justin Mills on cello. "Harmony Mountain" was another of the tunes I wrote out the outset of this band that fit very nicely with our group's instrumentation. This show was filmed and produced by Steve Laub and Dave Foster of Laubster Video. Great work, Laubster.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 178 "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding?" - Elvis Costello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO7YbJ2VRJM

Was really wanting to do "Macho Man," today to continue operation 365's salute to the life of the great "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Not really feeling in a macho man mood right now, my new Facebook status picture, notwithstanding. Probably should have recorded it yesterday while the iron was hot. I have a bit of a headache after a delicious pitcher of margaritas with Richard Romero this morning with Mexican breakfast. Hmmmm... what to do? what to do?

OK, I kinda knew what I was going to do, or at least what I was going to try to do, and it worked out. Elvis Costello rule. I am hoping yo go on an Elvis kick and get to know all his work much better. Now I mostly know the greatest hits, but boy, are they great. "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding?" sums up a lot of what I think about often. Could there be a less popular view these days in America than peace. I think not Basically, if you are pro-peace, people think you are an asshole, or worse. It saddens me and sickens me, and I don't know which more. What a dream it would have been to live in a time when it wasn't like that.

My voice is still a little shot from coughing for two weeks, but I am feeling much better besides that. Apologies, if you're into tat sort of thing. I am MCing an event called "Sight and Sound" tonight at Queen Bee's in North Park. I am excited to get on stage and participate in what I'm sure will be a fabulous event. It is being put on by a guy named Jon Block. He has been doing a lot of good work in the community for awhile now and I excited to work with im. In fact, that is the main reason I am doing the show, but it will be lots of fun. Hopefully, my voice will sound all right. At least, I'm not singing.

Hail, Elvis Costello, and a grand comeback for peace, love AND understanding. We ned it bad. What do ya know? There was no rapture. Gimme a break.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 178 "Apologize For Your Lies, Rapture Guy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0Jm4x2dwQ

So the rapture guy clown, get all these gullible people all disturbed and nothing happens and then what... I'm waiting. How about an apology. An oops A "sorry, I was wrong, didn't mean to get you all upset for nothing." Of course, not. The only thing even close to as unpopular as peace these days is taking personal responsibility, fessing up when you make a mistake and saying sorry I was wrong. Remember that last President Bush who led us into a war with Iraq on the story that Iraq was involved in 9/11 and that they has weapons of mass destruction. Well, either of those were true. A million people died in Iraq. Did he apologize? Of course not, Makes you kind of wonder if it was on purpose.

Even in situations way less extreme than that, people just do what they want often and if it hurts others, than too bad. If it's good for the President, it's good for everyone. Did you know there are international laws again killing unarmed people (see Osama)? Has anybody heard of a trial or proof? These are all relics of yesteryear,like peace, accountability. It is tragic. So here, Operation 365 is calling for this goofball, Campy or CAmping or whatever his name is, to say, "Sorry, everybody, I was wrong. If I scared you, or you spent tons of money on provisions or whatnot, my bad. I am just a foolish, old coot. Next time, i pull this nonsense, please don't listen to me. I am not to be trusted."

And to those of you who did believe him, really? Are you serious? Geez. Come on.

No comments: