Friday, May 20, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 171

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 177 The Greens of Mind "Oh Mama" - 6-8-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioRP2LXG9pI

Today's excerpt from The Greens of Mind's June 8, 2009 show at The Athenaeum Music and Arts Library in La Jolla, CA is "Oh Mama." The Greens of Mind are myself on guitar, Barbara Tolbert on vocals, Charlotte James on violin and guitar and Justin Mills on cello. "Oh Mama" was penned by Barbara and Charlotte. These clips were filmes and produced by Steve Laub and Dave Foster of Laubster Video. Huge thanks to Laubster.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 177 "Rapture" by Blondie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HA_h0nQcJo

Some jack-ass is reporting that the "Rapture" is coming tomorrow. I dont really follow the crap on TV so I know little more than that and I certainly don't believe it, but the word has gotten around, so here is my two cents. Nonsense. I don't even know what rapture is really, but as I understand it, it means the world ends, and everyone who doesn't believe a certain thing suffers forever, or something. No chance in hell (irony alert) on any of it and anyone who thinks otherwise, is a giant dumbass. Take that for judgment.

Let's entertain this rapture silliness for a moment, and only a moment. If it IS true, what a waste of time this Operation 365 has been. I have spent tons of the last 6 months ever doing videos that no one is ever going to see. Ha! That might be true anyway, but at least I'll have a world to live in. Some people are so stupid, and even worse, hateful. That's what I have to say about the latest garbage that disguises itself as news. I did a totally different take on Blondie's "Rapture." Enjoy it quick, in case the whole world ends tomorrow. Oh, please...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 177 All Hail The "Macho Man" Randy Savage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyTb-BPVnDg

Operation 365 was very saddened to learn of the loss of the greatest wrestler ever, "Macho Man" Randy Savage. It is quite possible that I acquired some of my love for larger than life entertainment and flamboyant outfits from none other that the "Macho Man." What kind of man has the confidence to call himself "Macho Man"? Have you ever listened to the lyrics to that song. If not, listen tomorrow, because I plan to continue my tribute to Randy Savage tomorrow with that very Village People cover.

Randy Savage ruled. I can't believe he's gone. Just months ago, I had a business idea aout a travelling circus of sorts featuring popular B-celebrities and the whole idea was basically I travel with Randy Savage and to me, that made the idea great. In his honor (and perhaps his image) I will attempt to use this loss as a catalyst. The entertainment needs a new flamboyant larger than life freak and I think I'm just that guy. These are large wrestling boots to fill, granted, but I am ready to try to step up, all the way up to the top rope. At which point, I will deliver metaphorical flying elbow to the entertainment world. People need some inspiration and insight more than ever now and I'm ready to do whatever it takes to be "macho." Rest in peace, great superstar. I will now go watch your classic Wrestlemania match with Ricky Steamboat and dream of what it would have been like to meet a man as macho as you. Peace

No comments: