Saturday, July 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 214

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 220 Mia Makes Music - 7-28-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ctkCbAlHlw

I'e been perusing the archives for stuff from summers past the last few days. Not as many clips from the summer as I had other months. Perhaps I didn't feel so much like recordin'. I've got Mia on the mind. I "yee-ha" in my original tune today, and I'm writing like he talks here now, not even on purpose. A week or so ago, I was looking for this clip. It's probably Mia's most successful endeavor making music on my open mic stage. Probably the funniest thing in this whole clip are the looks on Wes Davis's face as he works hard to keep this whole jam together as it cranes to fall to pieces in his lap. It's pretty funny. There are some musical moments in this thing, but you can tell Wes was working really hard to keep the boat afloat.

I am just a sucker for Mia and I love entertainment that feels like its hanging by a thread. Some genuine uncertainty as to what's going to happen from second to second makes for a compelling performance... and the occasional trainwreck. It is up to you to decide which one this is. Chase Nutter also appears on guitar here. This version of "Dear Abby" was filmed on July 28, 2009. I hope Wes isn't mad at me for posting it. Maybe he won't notice. Love you Wes.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 220 "AC/DC Bag" by Trey Anastasio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEEjFZU7_-M

Huge Phish fan. Huge Trey fan. Full disclosure there. Seen them many times, like seventy-something. Most of the shows were in the 90's, starting in 1993 in Durham, NH, at the Field House. Back in those days, my Amherst, MA based, metal jamband, Chameleon Stress, added "AC/DC Bag" to our slate of covers which largely featured the greatest hits of Rush, Alice in Chains, King's X, and a few other favorites of the guitarist and bass player. Adding "AC/DC Bag" was a big step and we had fun with it.

Hope Trey (Phish's frontman) is doing well personally. I wonder about that from time to time. We've met a few times. I wonder if he ever wrote any words or music in that notebook I gave him. I wonder if he ever cranked up my CD. He has always been very cool to me in our handful of meetings. I am glad Phish is back, playing well and entertaining hippies. Keep up the god work, boys. Hope to see you soon.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 220 "This Is Your Brain on Work"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOh8xECenI

This is a little song I wrote for y'all here this morning. My sweet honey, Leanne, works every day, so you could say this is loosely based on a true story. We are happy and fun so it's not entirely factual, hence the BASED on a true story part. I hope its' universal and some folks out there can relate to it as well. Lately, I've been writing songs on the spot here stating with some chords. Today, I started with the lyrics and melody that arrived right on time in my head.

Thanks to the "this is your brain on drugs" commercials of my youth and the myth of the American Dream for persisting into the 21st century for their timely collaboration and inspiration.

No comments: