Thursday, July 7, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 219

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 225 Tuna Boot and Tori with Destructo Bunny - 4-23-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2AIA1c9scA

Me and the Wascally Wabbit of Rap helped Patricia Mueller move today. Very exciting. We were rewarded with Summerfest beer for our good service. Coffee and bagels to boot. I ate, drank, and was merry. More merriness ahead I'm glad to say, but first I must describe this video to you. It is my destiny.

Here, we are, once again, back in 2009, at my Open Mic. Gut-wrenching year for me, personally, but lots of fun things happened, so let's revisit. Here, Tuna Boot, Mark and Scott (he is MIA on the facebook. Hope you're well, bud) were joined by Tori here. She was a Tunabooter for a minute or two, I recall. When I last saw Tori, some interent site was saying here solo career was off and running well. Good for you, Tori. Way to rock the dreads. I'nm pretty sure she's still go 'em.

Destructo Bunny sat in, rapping as he does, freestylin', makin' it up as he goes along. You get the idea. The Bunny is driven, as I am, to reach more people with our conscious ideas of love, harmony, and unity, and to make a living doing it, so we can do it more, and better, and reach more people, and so on, and so forth. The time is now, to go, and get these things done.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 225 "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwGkW3RVXwU

"I'm So Excited" was actually by Trevor Lawrence and The Pointer Sisters. I didn't forget ya, Trev. Yeah, I am feeling and upswing of positive energy, like good things are here and more are coming. Some positive karma will be coming to roost here, I am feeling. Japan, Europe,Seattle. Where we're going, no one knows, as long as the goer goes. That's what I say.

Josh Rodriguez here, on moral support. My honey, Leanne, on the smooches. Positivity, reaching a receptive and appreciative audience, I want you.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 225 "Own Your Life"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8g1CItE8FM

Write this song today at the ARTS center. God bless inspiration. Been feeling a lot of songs lately. I think I've written three in the last two days, so far. It's only 5:03 right now. I like this one. I had never played it before I sat down to record it here. I wrote it on the marimba and then on guitar, in purple marker. Harold would be proud. This song, ("Own Your Life," I think I'm gonna call it) I think could grow into being a really cool one. I like it on first playing and listening. Remind me to tell you the story of how Jose Canseco called me yesterday. Seriously. It's about my screenplay. We had a nice conversation.

Oh, the lyric "trials are for trashways" is a response to the way the media and the public gobble up a horrible story about a child dying (the Anthony story) and spit back venom and bloodlust. We need personal responsibility and positive solutions. It's enough with the bloodlust already. It's so cliche. American bloodlust. It's like the over-the-tope romantic Frenchmen. Or the beer drinking, lumberjack Canuck. Or the Jamaican rastafari reggae musician guy. Ask more. Stop being so stereotypical. Ask more. Own your life.

This message was brought to you by the spirit that infuses me with life.

NOTE: youtube thinks "bloodlust" is not a word. Ha!

No comments: