Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 224

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 230 Philly B Introduces Destructo Bunny - 1-27-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGbHqcmWcI

Occasionally, for one reason or another a good host needs a good friend to back him up. In this case, I think I was minding the videocamera and my friend Philly B picked up the slack on the introducing for a jiff. So, here, at my January 27, 2009 Open Mic, Philly B builds the moment nicely with his no holds breed introduction of "a good friend of all of ours," Destructo Bunny.

WARNING: This clip contains jokes.

NOTE" My little "credits" accidentally label this an original. It's not. It's clearly an archive. My bad. That's why the blog and perhaps later, the book, exists, to clear up these types of misunderstandings. I am still thinking all this bloggery could make an interesting book, perhaps.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 230 "Feelin' Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiZztVC5i2I

Feel like I'm continuing to get a nice healthy dose of perspective these days. It is refreshing. I think I'm going to simplify things. Do less to do more. Enjoy the ocean. Accept what is. I am thinking about going cold turkey healthy too. This song is nice reflection of enjoying the moment of life.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 230 "Cold Turkey"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUzln4oc60

This tune was inspired by the series of revelations I had last night as I was going to sleep. I thought about doing less to do more. in other words simplifying my life with expectations that it would help go more smoothly with the flow of things. I heard all this music in my head, all these crazy synths. It made me want to go in a more electronic direction here on the 365 for a little while and that could happen very soon.

I thought about going "cold turkey healthy." I even thought about calling my healthy pal, Wes Davis, to consult me on that. I ate a veggie omelet this morning, instead of ham or bacon. I'm calling that a start. 7-11-11 was the date of these revelations. I think a lot of people in this world could benefit from my cold turkey healthy theoretical ideology. Seems as good a day as any to shake off our culture of excess and and do what will make me happy years from now, not just this minute. I can't imagine it's that much more difficult to to be healthy than it is to be unhealthy, just eating some different foods, and making some more decisions with your long-term well-being in mind. Sounds pretty good actually.

I thought sweet thoughts about my girlfriend. I thought about repackaging myself as a one-man music school, a business that sells products, offers services, teaches, essentially, a much more efficient and effective machine. I don't want to stress myself out more to get there though. That would be the opposite of the point. I want to relax, make smart decisions, take care of myself as if I matter a lot to me. Essentially, I realized that's the healthy thing to do.

I heard the chorus to "Cold Turkey" in my head in the bed. I just busted out some verses, made up some chords and here we have a tune. I hope that it does something swell for you.

No comments: