Monday, July 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 230

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 236 Chimney Fish with Jefferson Jay - 1-27-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0M3tSlK2VA

This is a performance I have fond memories of. It was an emotional time here in OB, just a couple of weeks after Don Truesdail's passing. I remember that night after the Open Mic sitting and talking with Brett Walling, frontman of Chimney Fish. He was telling me about a talk he had with Don in my backyard at one of my holiday barbecue things I had. He remembered Don telling him how he looked up to his father. I remember Brett playing this song that night and I liked it a lot. What a tumultuous road we've been down since then. So many life lessons learned,

Here are Chimney Fish, who had a great run and broke up awhile ago. They were a huge part of my great run at Portugalia, which is also broken up, unless you believe the sign out front that claims its still open. I do not. The other Chimney Fishermen featured here are Jeff Shaefer on lead guitar, Luke Oskam on bass and Andy Davis on drums. Nice headband, Andy. It was fun sitting in with these guys. They were a great young band back then. Peace to all of ya.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 236 "Born To Be Wild" by Mars Bonfire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5s-iZzIM4w

Who knew Mars Bonfire wrote "Born To Be Wild?" Not I. Steppenwolf made it famous, but apparently this Bonfire fellow wrote this tune and some others for the 'Wolf. I went to the handy dandy web resource, Gunther Anderson's chord page for some direction on what to play today for my cover and I imagine I'll be returning there often for further inspiration.

In case you want to go too, this is what to do. Click this.
http://www.guntheranderson.com/v/toc.htm

That's it. Be wild. Bye.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 236 "My Opinion on the Women's World Cup"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsiqseynYuQ

Japan beat the US in the Women's World Cup final yesterday in Germany. I wish I didn't know this, but I do. People keep talking about it, even on sports radio. In case you don't have time to watch the video, (it's only a minute) I'll lay my opinion out right here. I couldn't care less. First of all I don't like soccer and really that's enough. I've heard enough and I don;t want to hear anymore. Sorry to Abby Wombat, or whatever her name is. Better luck next time.

Yeah, no disrespect intended to any of the competitors who leave their hearts out on the field or whatever, I'm just not into it. That's my opinion. I'm just glad it's over and I don't have to hear about it anymore, hopefully, for a real long time.

I'm not trying to say baseball or wrestling or fishing or whatever else is so important. It's not. I am simply saying I don't give a big fat F-word about what happens in soccer. Thanks to "I've Been Working on the Railroad," for lending me a melody to my song I'll likely never play again.

No comments: