Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 217

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 223 Charbra - 8-11-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjhxUkndj-I

Here are my friends Charlotte and Barbara, known cumulatively as "Charbra." Get it? I was delighted to see Charlotte yesterday. She dropped into briefly during the jamming out portion of my holiday barbecue. Much fun. Pretty music. I heard they're going back acoustic to the form you see here. They were electrified for awhile. God bless 'em either way. That's what I say. I should know the name of this song. I like it muchly, but I just can't remember right now.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 223 "Ruby Tuesday" by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjhxUkndj-I

I was trying to pick out a cover for today and what do find staring at me on my desktop? The chords to "Ruby Tuesday," and on a Tuesday, no less. The only sad fact about the whole thing is that the internet lied about one of the chords. It said it was a B. It wasn't. I tried a bunch of B's in practice and the A minor and E minor the actual take here. They are all wrong. I don't know what that chord is, and apparently the internet doesn't either. So please forgive the couple wrong chords and enjoy an otherwise lovely version of "Ruby Tuesday," one of my favorite tunes by The Stones.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 223 "Everything's Gonna Happen When It's Meant To"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-5A8fs_98

You can wait. You can not wait. It can be somebody's birthday, but everything's gonna happen when it's meant to. Try to make things happen. Don't. It's up to you. Wherever you're meant to be, you're gonna get there. Someday. When you're ready. Things don't even need to make sense. Or they can. It doesn't matter. Everything's gonna happen when it's meant to.

No comments: