Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 225

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 231 Destructo Bunny with The Soul Man - 1-27-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROmm9POteJM

Enjoy another adventure with everybody's favorite conscious freestyling rabbit, Destructo Bunny. There is only one James Deans (yes, that is his secret identity), but he absolutely does have a cause. Spreading love, getting people to allow themselves to be the best humans they can be. creating and expressing ourselves to the fullest. He sees the value in these things and so do I.

Some people have grown so blind. Derek Jeter hit his 3000th hit on Saturday. The guy who caught it, Christian Lopez, gave it back to him. He didn't hold him up for money or try to get as much as he could. He just gave it back. The Yanks gave him some tickets for his mitzvah. So many people are railing on this guy because they can't imagine doing something without making money the deciding factor. I think it is sad. Hooray, Christian. Follow your heart. Show people that there is more to happiness than cash collecting. Way to prove that it's important to do what feels right to you. way to make people think. That's what artists like Destructo and myself are doing all the time.

The Soul Man does it too, just not with words. he plays his heart out every time he gets the chance. He appreciated those opportunities and maintains a positive mindset. That's why hes the youngest 93-year old on the planet. There is a lot to be learned from our everyday heroes, the people who care enough to share their thoughts, feelings, and inspiration, in hopes that others will get as much from life as they do. Peace. Karmically, peace kicks greed's ass every time. Hail music!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 231 "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight" - Nick Van Eede
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60f_H8F_kfI

I struggled to find a cover for today. Tried to find the chords to the 1884 hit, "The Fountain in the Park," by Ed Haley. You may know from its famous lyric, "While strolling in the park one day,/All in the merry month of May." Well, I couldn't find it. Leanne, my sweet, suggested The Proclaimers' "500 Miles." Found that one and played it once, but wasn't really feeling it for today. Another day for that one, probably.

My friend Jason Burleson got me to go on the new Google+ thing. I'm not sure I really get it. It seems just like another Facebook with some super skype abilities thrown in for yuks. So Jason and I were chatting and he suggested the Cutting Crew classic, "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight." I decided to do it reggae-style and topless. Fear not. I bleeped out all my private chest areas with my guitar... Nipples and whatnot... I also hit a few bad chords and sang with a strained voice, but I thought the energy provided by Jason Burleson's G+ enabled whistling solos and my reggae interpretation were enough to justify posting this one. That coupled with me not feeling like doing another one. Revel in the majesty of the Operation 365.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 231 "July"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CDt54kzD98

Some of you may know I have a thing for month songs. Yesterday, I added "July" to my collection. "July" is kind of like the heatstroked cousin song, to my opus "February." I have always wanted a "July" song. This leaves the only month left for me to write a song about as "October." Well, that's not entirely true. My dear pal, Spencer Katzman wrote songs called "December" and "January" for our old band Elin Tea. Even though I didn't write them at all, in a way, they still seem taken to me and if I were to record an album of all my month songs. I may see if I could include versions of those tunes instead of writing my own.

The same thing goes for "August." Another dear pal of mine, Don Truesdail, has a beautiful song called "Sweet August." After his passing, that is the Truesdail tune I learned, I would probably aim to use that one, if it was cool with his wonderful wife With all that said, I have no intention, immediate or otherwise, to actually make this month" album. I just like to think about it. I am already backed up a couple albums worth of material, so this is not a pressing matter, but I am glad to have written "July." It is a fun one.

No comments: