Monday, July 25, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 237

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 243 The Greens of Mind "Escaping From Alcatraz" 12-11-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yqXlOPKJyk

Here are The Greens of Mind, my mighty side project circa December 11, 2008. This is a song I wrote at Portugalia on a rainy night as The Greens were gelling as a unit. Barbara Tolbert, Charlotte James, Justin Mills and I had fun playing these songs. This is "Escaping From Alcatraz."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 243 "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynh95xwRFLY

It was an emotional morning here at the Ocean Beach living zone. My next door neighbor, Mako's dog, Grizzly had to be put down this morning. He had a wonderful demeanor and I am proud to have considered him a friend. I helped load him into the car. He gave me a kiss good-bye and I gave him some pets. He looked happy. I admired his presence all the time that I knew him.

Grizzly wasn't young. He was old. His grace was unwavering, even when his legs couldn't work anymore. Death is the eventual destination for all of us and youth only exists in your mind. Age has nothing to do with it. Truesdail.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 243 "Love or Die Inside"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk__27dNvtM

"Love or Die Inside" is a number I just wrote this morning. It is how I was feeling when I sang it. I am not feeling loquacious now, or the writing equivalent thereof. I am feeling like taking my poochies to the park, though. And that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: