Sunday, July 24, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 236

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 242 Blowski "Save the World, Kill Yourself" 12-9-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHV3qQfGWA

Blowski, is one of my best pals. He came out to Steve's house where my friend Kip and I were having a musical caucus, beginning work on what will someday be my 6th CD. It was much fun. It was excellent to catch up with the Ski-meister. He was hilarious as usual. If you enjoy social commentary with you hilarity, you will enjoy this performance of one of Blowski's older jams, "Save the World, Kill Yourself." This was recorded at my Open Mic on December 9, 2008. Ski was joined here by our good pal, Jeff Dewine. Dewine was over here helping with some recording stuff this week as well. I am trying to integrate some electronic sounds into my acoustic music. It is nice to have friends to help. We had a lot of fun. It was nice to se my directorly amigo, Dylan Avery as well and his trusty pit bull Gordo.

"It's a revolution of evolution." - Blowski

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 242 "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FdfXXmBT5Q

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

Bob's folks like me to put that first when I play one of his songs. I have loved "You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go," since I first got into Dylan. "Blood on the Tracks" was the first Dylan album I loved. I miss falling in love with albums. It has been years since I listened to a CD over and over again to the point that it lifted me up and became a part of me. Seems like a world ago.

I had been thinking of some old friends I missed lately and that made me want to play this tune.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 242 "The Candle, I Escape"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7wegeli7QI

This things you do when you need to have a song of your own to play each day... Today, I went into my computer file of writings from the years. This file holds the unsung and often unread stuff I wrote over the last ten years. I dove into the 2008 section of the file and stuck some music to this poem I called "The Candle, I Escape."

I am an AM person by nature, always have been. I thrive on the solitary peace found in the quiet late night hours of the AM. I have had the opportunity to return too these roots the last few days with my girlfriend, the lovely Leanne, out of town, and it has been relaxing for my soul. It is easier for me to read, write and do a lot of things after the clock strikes three. I don;t miss doing it every day, but it is nice once in awhile. So, "The Candle, I Escape," was written on one of those nights, where I probably realize deep down it was time to go to sleep and that's what I was writing about, more or less.

NOTE: Be very careful when tired and working with music projects or anything delicate at these hours, Without meaning to, you can do a while lot of damage to the work you'd done when you were lucid. Trust me. I know about these things.

No comments: