Sunday, July 10, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 222

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 228 Justin Mills "The Price of Love" 2-12-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZT0e20aoo

Dry. Sarcastic. Satirical, even. There are so many qualities about your average Justin Mills song that one can fall in love with. Is he serious? Probably somewhat somehow, but who really knows for sure. I guess that's why those of us who loves Justin's music, love it as much as we do. Did I forget hooky? Yeah, my man writes some tunes where the hook will stick in your head forever. One day, two days? No. Forever.

We are enjoying the songbook of our friend Justin Mills, his weekend on the 365. Here, we continue with his set from February 12, 2009, at my Thursday night show, with his song "The Price of Love." This is a beautiful love song. Or is it anti-love song. Perhaps that is up to you, All hail the most underrated songwriter ever, "The General" Justin Mills.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 228 "Territorial Pissings" by Kurt Cobain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmuNIi8p930

Special thanks to my ipod for playing the "T" tunes so effectively. Yes, I heard this Nirvana track and decided I'd give it a try today on the 365. I didn't know the name of it and it never says the words, "Territorial Pissings," so it took a second to track down, but the rest went pretty smoothly. I thought the tune would go well with my healing laryngitis. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 228 "It's Danger, Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrsZyysRNgw

Yesterday, my good buddy Kip came down from The OC to work on some music together on a Saturday afternoon. It was a productive session. We focused on the electric aspects of making music, working with Pro Tools and Reason specifically. It was fun.

After Kip left, I was playing with some of the patched Reason had to offer and found a nice little grand piano sound that felt good. At that point, this tune, pretty much wrote itself, a process that can be witnessed right here, right now. I'm not sure if it's completely done or not yet. I'm kinda half-posting this to check it out and see exactly what I have to work with. What I do recall is that I liked this tune. It felt really natural, ballady, and sincere in a sweet kind of way. "So let's go to the videotape," as Warner Wolf used to say, back in the day. Yes, I recorded it on my video camera which was conveniently located on my desk on the middle of all the chazerai.

The point of "It's Danger, Love," is that every moment is precious and none should be taken for granted. It's true. Anything can happen. Stay tuned through the end for a Bunny/puppy dance party and a shot of a beautiful woman. L'chiem.

No comments: