Friday, July 8, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 220

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 226 Don Truesdail "Sweet August" 8-13-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kNu3WIKUM

Welcome back to one of the most golden of days in our little hidden society. Here we are at Joe and Jen Stevens' wedding on August 13, 2008. It was a spectacular, unforgettable afternoon and evening. I served as minister for their ceremony and then we all went to Portugalia, where the Stevenses treated us all to a fine meal and an night of awesome entertainment They had me host the show, which I gladly did. Don Truesdail played first This is the second song from his set, his romantic "Sweet August."

Don can be heard at the beginning of this song, chanting in Russian. "Another one, Another one," he was saying," according to his wife, the lovely Nancy. I just had deja vu. This must matter, That's what I believe deja vu signifies, meaningful moments in one's life. Don was joined on stage by Clifford Jomuad on percussion. This clip ends with Don and I hamming it up together and him playing his classic "Waiting To Unplug" song, found frequently at the end of Truesdail sets, as he waited to unplug his guitar. This was filmed by Dylan Avery. So many legends, this life is full of. So very little time. Like Ferris Bueller before him, Don Truesdail was a "righteous dude."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 226 "In My Life" by John Lennon and Paul McCartney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToZLYe7e02s

"In My Life" is a song I've played for awhile, ever since I bought "The Complete Beatles, Volumes 1 and 2." In unrelated news, I learned yesterday that my friend Adrianna Martin-Morningstar is terrified of beetles. Adrianna and her beau,"The General" Justin Mills were recently engaged to be wed. Huge congrats to you. Also, Justin and Adrianna, brought to life one of the coolest offshoots of the 365, so far, recently. They covered my song, "I'll Take You." When I wrote the song a couple weeks ago, I did so deliberately in the style of Justin Mills, to he best of my capabilities anyway. he liked it a lot and decided to do his own version of it How cool is that?

Justin Mills
Jefferson wrote this the other day and I couldn't help but attempt to learn it. Thanks Jefferson Jay! I love the song

I just tried to put a link to it, but failed, because it's not on youtube, only facebook. Befriend Justin Mills and watch it, if he'll take you.

This is one of the first time I've ever been covered. I am flattered and touched. Oh yeah, enjoy the Beatles' song. Just sharing a bit of what happens in my life.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 226 "Who Cares"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOqD1clULy4

While hanging with Justin, Adrianna, Josh, and Leanne, last night, I played this new song of mine for them and asked for ideas on a title. "Who Cares" emerged victorious. The song is about caring and who does, so it manages to be a bit literal and ironic at once. Double meanings sure are interesting. Yes, these lyrics represent some of the thoughts that have been on my mind the last couple of days. What matters, what we can do, how to do it.

Who cares? I do. That's who. Do you?

No comments: