Sunday, July 31, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 243

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 249 Robin Lee - 5-14 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yqxgQ0hDtY

Here is the great Robin Lee appearing at my program on May 14, 2009, my mom's birthday, in case you were wondering. She is rocking out with Jack Davidson and Soul Man on guitar and guiro respectively. She rules. I forget the name of this song. Sorry. Enjoy her awesomeness because you can. Namaste.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 249 "Peace of Mind" by Tom Scholz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4srDi69PwjE

Here is my cover for today, a loungy version of Boston's "Peace of Mind." While investigating the tune on wikipedia I learned, "The song is largely a commentary on the growing materialism of the Baby Boomer generation as they entered the workforce, and the band's rejection of this materialism."...Well, I had no idea. Congratulations on your recognition of the direction the world was going and you willingness to take a stand and saying something about it. I am ashamed I've heard this song a million times and had no idea it was so insightful and important. Good for you, Tom Scholz. I can't say too many nice things about all things Boston, but nice job. Shout out to The Boptones and all the folks I watched play this tune back in high school.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 249 "Writin' A Song About Sushi"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wztp7kEIyNI

Needed a song today, so I wrote a song about sushi. "Writin' A Song About Sushi" was a song I wrote in the few seconds this video was recording. It's very true to me, because I do love sushi. It is delicious. It would have been nice to write about some of the kinds of sushi that I like and what I think is delicious about them, but that would have taken longer, and this is all the time I had for it today. Sushi!

Barbara Tolbert appears as the feet on the couch.

No comments: