Monday, August 1, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 244

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 250 Cory Wilkins Band "Sorry" 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCSdCrjUsg


Here is my dear friend Cory Wilkins and his powerful Cory Wilkins Band performing their song "Sorry" at my "12 Hours of Free Music" show on December 6, 2008. That was another awesome day in our world back then, Many of our favorites busted out their hits and the cameras were there to capture all of it. Thanks to Dylan Avery. my man, for filming.

Cory is awesome. You can't tell from this footage at all, but he is bling, So is his sister Laura, who appears here on drums. They are incredible people and they do all kinds of stuff. They pride themselves, especially Cory, on not letting their physical limitations determine will they will and won;t to in this world of ours. Few people have the enthusiasm and zest for life that Cory does. This makes him fun to hang out with. In the several years I've known him, I've seen him do many things that are hard to believe.

Just recently, I watched him slide down a water slide into a pool over and over again, upside down, backwards,every which way. He can't swim. Well, he thought he couldn't anyway, but apparently he can. I've seen him set up whole recording sessions ar crowded clubs. Laura sets up and breaks down her drum kit like a pro, and that's barely a beginning. I've had the pleasure of going with them to the Padres game a few times. I call the game for them s they can keep up with the action. We all play poker fairly often. We use braille cards and always have a great time. I've seen Cory in a fight. He won. I've seen him pull ladies from the bar, before he got all in love years ago. Cory even says he drove before and who am I to question it. I don't.

He was also an accomplished wrestler in high school. Cory can;t see, but he doesn't get gipped out of life at all whatsoever, ever. I am thrilled to be friends with him, because we always have a really good time, and that goes for Laura too. They appreciate living. I think that's a mindset everybody can strive for. I've been inspired by them a lot. Enjoy Cory and Laura Wilkins here, doing one of the things they do best, rocking out real hard!

"He lives life head on. There ain't no halfway about him" - Bill Ray, another SD musician on Cory Wilkins

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 250 "Mama Paquita" by Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frRE0N0R858


I sang this song in elementary school chorus and it has been stuck in my head ever since. Not every day, thank God, but I still hear it from time to time. I always this song was fun to sing, and today, I learned it's fun to play as well. They say it a Brazilian carnival song. God bless 'em. To me, it's just "Mama Paquita." Mama Paquita says I haven't any money. I can relate. Big time.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 250 "What Comes Next"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HI7N2zxnPI


Yes, we never know what comes next in this life. Sometime we can't even remember what happened last. For instance, I have a funny feeling I've already written a song called "What Comes Next" for this 365 here, but I'm not positive. I'll have to check. I hope not. Yes, rent is due today. School's are closed, so teaching's not happening. I don't have any steady or regular gigs right now, but I'm not crying. I'm not complaining about it. I am concerned slightly, but not worried. Everything works out. Money is nice, but happiness is nicer.

Apparently, this is my first "What Comes Next" song. That's relief. See? Everything's going my way.

Shout out to my late 90's acoustic trio Elin Tea and our song, penned by Derek Speredelozzi and Mark "Mastro" Mastrototaro, "What Comes Last."

No comments: