Saturday, August 20, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 263

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 269 Beehive and Jefferson Jay - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jt6KLDUqP8


Who am I? What am I here for? Why do I do stuff?

I feel a compulsion to try to give back and help the people of this world live more fulfilling lives. I feel like I am small part of a brotherhood and sisterhood of life on this planet. I feel that we are responsible for caring for the planet and for each other and this is our most important role in this life.

How does that tie in with our modern world? It seems like it doesn't. There is no big public gathering place that I know where like-minded folks can come together and work towards these sorts of noble goals. Most folks are concerned mainly with themselves and getting from day to day. Who can blame them? This is a tough world. Nothing is given to you. I can see how the connectivity can be lost on some folks, drowning in day to day activities.

I try to communicate. Through music and through life. I am the kind of person who talks directly to cashiers. I try to make their job more interesting for a minute. I try to break up the monotony of their day. In a way, that's what I do with my art too. I like to try to shake things up for a minute with the hopes that when things settle again, they may settle a bit differently. I dream of living in a world of open-minded people. People can set in their ways and I like to try to help manifest flexibility and motion, hopefully in a positive direction.

Why am I going on about all this? It is hard to find a place in this world if you are a person like me. A conscious person who want to help being forth positive change. There is no clear mode of what to do. YOu need to forge your own way and this can be very challenging. I have yet to find a way to make this consistently profitable and therein lies the rub. What to do? Who are you? How are you marketable? Who needs to know you exist? I don't know yet. For now, I feel so blessed to be happy, to have friends and to live a life that is meaningful to me. I do things I dream of. I just hope to reach more people and be part something. Some group of folks should be, and maybe even are connecting, communicating and pushing the world in a positive direction with their energies. I want to work with those folks to help our brothers and sisters make this world a better place, to help folks live positive and satisfying lives.

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one."
-John Lennon

Here, I am freestyling? "You freestyle?," you ask. See what I mean? I do different things. I am not easily compartmentalized or explained. I am a human living life in the 21st century. Here, that human is sitting in with my buddy Beehive, the beat boxer, making music on stage at my 12 Hours of Free Music concert on December 6, 2008. Peace. Enjoy life.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 269 "Imagine" by John Lennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gfiDdT5K8


What a beautiful song. That John Lennon sure had a lot of wonderful ideas to share with the world. I think that's role of artists and that is what I aspire to do with my life here on this planet. Righteous work, Brother Lennon. Getting people to think of what could be instead of what is. This is the first step toward positive change.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 269 "Lookin' For The Answers In Love"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-pHDrt06j4



I made up big chunks of two new tunes this morning for the 365. They have similar things and I think they may ultimately be mashed up into one more ambitious and exciting song. Only time will tell. Life is so like that, you know? Time, technically, doesn't exist, yet the passing of it is the only avenue we have to find out what happens. Ironic existence...

No comments: