Sunday, August 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 264

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 270 Jefferson Jay Band "FATSO" - 8-20-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n4CTdrSQGc


"FATSO" is a song I wrote about my beloved superpooch, Angel. Angel is a black lab/border collie mix and she will be 12 in November. She is still spry like spring chicken and I love her pooptons. "FATSO" was one of the first of many tunes I penned about her. This was written when she was a portly pup before I put her on a doggie diet. She is lithe at 11. Still runs at the park like child.

Here, I am joined by the August 20, 2009 version of the Jefferson Jay Band. Richard Romero on bass, Soul Man on guiro, Blowski on keys, Jose Maldonado on drums, and Jack Davidson on guitar. This was two years ago yesterday.

"FATSO" has maintained a spot as one of the most classic Jefferson Jay tunes over the years. It appears on my "Blue" CD and I always have to tell audiences it's about my dog. Don't wish to offend any hefty ladies. I wish I could say I hadn't learned that the hard way. Live and learn. This was a nice little version. I hope you enjoy.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 270 "Lean On Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXGt738uso


What screams rock 'n roll more than a wrinkled T-shirt and a miniature Casio keyboard? I don't know. Maybe the phone ringing in the middle of the song? Perhaps. "Lean On Me" was one of the tunes I was doing with my students back when I had students and there was school. I guess this is my welcome-back-to-the-school-year song, sorta. Yeah, I don't miss subbing, but I do miss dough. Dang it.

I thought about redoing it again on my bigger keyboard, maybe a tad more soulfully. Then I said, "Nah."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 270 "When Love Comes To Town"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NnHSI5UXjw


"When Love Comes To Town" was written yesterday as I prepped for my 365. I think it may become part of a bigger song with the one I wrote yesterday. It's still a little rough, because it's new, but I like the musical ideas here. I'm kinda excited to dig in and mash these two buggers up. I hope they fit together was well in reality, as they do in my head.

No comments: