Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 246

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 252 Jefferson Jay Cuts a Wrestling Promo on Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8mOKtSJ6rI


I want to talk to people. How to make 'em listen? Do it with pizzazz. What would CM Punk do? Randy Savage? The Hulkster? Miles Davis? That's right, Miles Davis? What would happen if we had Miles Davis today? We do. His name's Paul Ruiz. He sits here with me on the couch. This is my attempt to set some shit straight and get some attention put on the things that matter in this world, in a language we can all understand. Oooooh Yeah!!!!! It's enough of the madness!!!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 252 Chimney Fish with Destructo Bunny - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Y6oAOAhW0


Welcome to the big event. This clip appears by way of a personal request from Chimney Fish frontman Brett Walling. Bret wanted to hear the Fish and the Bunny throw down on what they called "The Rage Jam." Lots of yelling about "drinking like a chimney and smoking like a fish" Maybe I've got that backwards. In either case, you get the idea. And if you don't, watch this and by the time it's over, you definitely will.

This clip was filmed at Jefferson Jay's 12 Hours of Free Music" on December 6, 2008 by Dylan Avery, whom is neither a rabbit or a fish. Thank you.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 252 "Bottom of the Well" by Annie Rettic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQy7pobKEBU


So I have this big pile I made yesterday of all these cover songs I'd printed out that I haven't played yet for the 365. Sometimes, I play songs I've never played before, but these ones I've played a few times and I like 'em so that should be fun for the next while. On the top of the pile was "Bottom of the Well" by Annie Rettic. Annie is a local Obecian. That is what us folks here in Ocean Beach call ourselves. She is an extremely sweet woman. She gave me the chords and words to her number so I could jam it with her on banjo. That hasn't happened yet, but here today, I am sharing my version for the masses of Operation 365 followers.

Annie, like I said, is very sweet. She appeared in my archives with Sweet Joyce Ann a few weeks back. Together, they are the Wild Older Women. They call themselves that. I didn't make it up. I love this song. It says a bunch about life and a bunch about Annie. Life can be tough like being at the bottom of a well, but if we maintain our optimism, the skies won't stay too gray for too long. Thanks Annie. I think this may have been the first sog she ever wrote. Nice work. I hope you like my version.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 252 "Rat-A-Tat-Tat That Ass"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlZaN0y3v1E


This is a little ditty I just came up with called "Rat-A-Tat-Tat That Ass." I was gonna be all cute and pretend it was about a donkey or something, but in truth, it's simply about rat-a-tat-tatting that ass. Yes, it is a simple song. Stay tuned to the end, (it's not very long) to watch me demonstrate the technique on my cute little Kewpie doll of a volunteer, Nigel the Pup.

I just looked up what "Rat-A-Tat-Tat That Ass" really means in the urban dictionary and it's kind of dirty... HA! Her is a link to some classic Beavis and Butthead to make up for my inadvertent indecency. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFijxKIcSI4

No comments: