Monday, August 8, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 251

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 257 Jefferson Jay - "The Juicing Song" - 7-26-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhWbHS2Pqo


Here is my number, "The Juicing Song," that I wrote a couple of weeks ago. It is written from the perspective of a guy who loves doing lots of steroids all the time. On this version, I am joined by Paul Ruiz on trumpet. As far as I know, he is not on steroids. Thank you.

NOTE: I reposted this on 8-9-11 (the next day). Occasionally, in the course of doing this every day I leave chunks on the vid that are uninteresting, aka messups. So, here I chopped one off and put it back as was, otherwise. I also went to the dog park.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 257 "Arrid Extra Dry Commercial" circa 1985 by Unknown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO2zw4svsQw


I have no idea who write this song and I would be shocked if you do. If so, please tell me. Yes, this is the jingle from the "Arrid Extra Dry Commercial" of the 80's. Here is a link to it from 1985.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucppC0OlmWU

I was feelin' it today. What can I tell ya. I've never used the stuff, but the jingle is catchy. I jammed out on it a little.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 257 "Between the Lines"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUeVK3LPce8


"Between the Lines" is a dark song I wrote a week or two ago. I've been procrastinating finishing it and posting it some, because it makes me sad, a little. I know a number of folks right now who are going through some really tough at times in their personal relationships. I feel extremely fortunate and blessed to not be in those circumstances myself. (Love you, honey.) It is very tough, almost hopeless at times. This song is about those times.

Just over a week ago, I was getting out of my van, The Tealmobile, and I had this idea that I should write a Tom Petty inspired-song. I love his music and he seems like a down to earth and likable fellow. I am writing lots of songs those days so I am seeking my inspiration in a wide variety of ways. Then, the "Between the Lines" hook popped in my head and I built the rest around that. "Between the Lines" is about a love that is clinging together by a thread for public purposes, but in reality is a dead man walking. Sad. Sorry. Cheerier tunes await, most assuredly.

No comments: