Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 267

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 273 Justin Mills "That's My Advice" 1-29-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3hEo55reI


Justin appears to be thinking the same sorts of stuff I've been thinking about these days the nature of life. At least he must have been when he wrote this tune in late 2008. He calls this "the happiest song he's ever written." It's all about the unpredictable and "stubborn" nature of life. He sings of he's fighting off his cancer and that "life's not a friend." That's his advice. I love his delivery and his songs so much. That's why I post them often. He might be the most underrated songwriter and performer ever, that Justin Mills. I am doing my best to reverse that. People actually being able to hear the songs is the first step. I'm assuming this song is called "That's My Advice."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 273 "Behind Blue Eyes" - Pete Townshend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gJpFQcD5AQ


Not sure what made me decide to do "Behind Blue Eyes" today. Classic Who song. Always loved it, back to high school when we would sit around and sing it with my friend Scelzo. Beautiful number. I guess it's a song about having conflicted states of mind. I am a bit divided in some ways now. Torn between worrying about money and realizing there is no point. Torn in a similar manner about this whole hearing loss phase. Tough thing in life. You best get used to 'em or thicken up that skin. Life is an out of control monster. Make peace with that beast quick or there could be a lot to lament about. I don't want a life of lament, so I'm gonna put my adjustment socks on. Play a few tunes and take a positive attitude with me when I approach the road. It's the only way to go.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 273 "Life's Tough"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhCLZqpW3xw


"Life's Tough." Yeah, so... Exactly. Adjust. Deal. Move on with a smiley face. That or cry forever. Not much of a choice there. No. Angel ate a cup of grease this morning and the rest of the song follows from there. Life happens. All kinds of things. None of 'em good or bad. All just things. It's however you deal with them, how you react, that makes them what they are. Coping skills are pretty important in this world. I'll say.

"Life's Tough" is a tongue-in-cheek song, based on today's facts that pokes fun at the unpredictable nature of life, making a positive difference in the world, getting by, if you will. When you look at it that way, laughter is the only thing left to do. Enjoy my pups, Greazy, and Fleazy and a special greasy face-licking appearance here on the 365. Today is Day 273 and we are more than three-quarters of the way to our goal. What will this all lead up to? What is the purpose of anything? Doing it. The journey is the reason. Whatever happens after did cause it was next in line. What's next? In this life, there's only one to find out. Stay tuned. Stay positive. Manifest the life you desire.

New rule (for me): No more whining on the interent. It's crying for yourself in a cancer ward. It's inappropriate and it's energy poorly spent. Nobody wants to hear your shit. Guess this means I'll be sitting on the 5 songs I wrote 2 nights ago. Songs are songs. Complaining is complaining. There's a line. You'll figure it out. I have nothing to complain about. I'm blessed to be alive. Self-pity is a wicked turn-off.

In case you didn't notice, I talk to myself a lot in my writing. I am the " I" and the "you" in the previous paragraph. If you relate to it, all the better. It's an ongoing dialogue, a back and forth. It is kind of constant, only sometimes I'm not writing. I have over a hundred notebooks full of it. The blessing and the curse of the thinker. Thought.

No comments: