Friday, August 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 248

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 254 Leanne Pearl & Adrianna Martin-Morningstar 9-21-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhRkerby2n8


Here we are for a rare visit to my Gallagher's Open Mic, which I hosted from July through October 2010. Not very long. It was pretty loud always, a far cry from my previous Open Mic in too many ways to mention. There were still some great moments of course though, and here we have my sweet dear, Leanne Pearl and her childhood super amiga, Adrianna Martin-Morningstar busting out The Beatles' "You Never Give Me Your Money." For some reason I thought this was the "Sun King Medley," but Leanne thankfully corrected me.

It is nice to see Leanne on the screen. Although I see her all the time, I still like it. She didn't even play drums yet at that point. Since then, she's picked up the instrument and now plays well enough to be in my band. She is a very good new drummer. Tomorrow, we play at Winston's for Destructo Bunny's birthday bash at 8:30PM. Will be much fun, I'm sure. Today Leanne, Adrianna, and Nancy Truesdail went shopping for Adrianna's wedding dress. She and "The General" Justin Mills got engaged. Congrats to them. Enjoy these gorgeous ladies as they play some wonderful songs.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 254 "Mr. Lee" by The Bobbettes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEX09olIyUc


I have always thought "Mr. Lee" was a funny song. I guess it's a bit gender inappropriate for a guy to sing this song without adapting it at all, but I decided to go for it with some gusto. Why not? It's a song. So The Bobbettes fantasized about their teacher, Mr. Lee. Good for them. This is 50s song. That was a long time ago.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 254 "Each Day, Stay Awake"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitOxg4n21U


Last night, Leanne and I ventured to Lakeside to enjoy an evening of relaxation with our good friends' Steve and Tara. Many of our summer highlights this year have occurred doing exactly that. They have an extra room, so we stayed over so we could not have to drive. We played some cards. I won. Then Steve and I played some darts. He is better than me at darts, but I won that too. Perhaps his inebriation was a factor. It's difficult to say. I do know I had quite when Pandora pulled up Phish's Suzy Greenberg with the Giant Country Horns. That wasn't a good thing for him, at least not his chances on winning that little tournament.

Then (the women were long asleep at this point) we busted out our guitars and wrote a couple tunes and recorded them so we wouldn't forget them. So it was a little late and it was a long night, but here we are after much fun, playing our newest tunes, or first collaborations. And Now I'm sharing them with you. We wrote "Each Day, Stay Awake" second but recorded it first. Another future hit is coming, tomorrow. Be excited. I am.

No comments: