Thursday, August 4, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 247

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 253 Eric Weiss 12-6-2008 - 12 Hours of Free Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZTlsPWwIE


I have been enjoying the late 2008 part of the catalog these last few days. Here, Eric Weiss plays a classical music piece in a jester hat, during the change-over from Destructo Bunny to Chimney Fish. Eric Weiss is a terrific talent. I had them song for him. It was to the tune of "Edelweiss." You can imagine the rest. Did you know Harry Houdini's real name was Eric Weiss. It was.

This was probably about 11PM, a pretty rockin' time for everyone to invest themselves in a 10 minute classical piece. Here, people got pumped up. We had a very special set of circumstances. Cool people. Lots of 'em. An accepted attitude of supportiveness permeated crowds at our productions back then. By the end of Eric's set, the Soul Man had jumped up, me and the Bunny were boogying on the dance floor and on the stage, respectively and some folks were clamoring for an encore. That is why I'm sharing this stuff.

I don't know how much it comes through in the videos. You can't see the rest of the room, mostly, or the smiles on people's faces. I hope the performances and my explanations create an environment that is palpable. I know that is a lot to ask. If people get it, they do. All I can do is share the story. This was a really special time. For example, The Soul Man and the Chimney Fish played together all the time. They were a rock band in their early twenties. He was 90 years old. That is just they way things were. They still are in some ways. We have nowhere to watch things unfold on stage right now. We have friendships, shared experiences. We have this. I hope you like your window in.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 253 "No Woman, No Cry" by Bob Marley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAPy_tHRHOs


This is one of the best known songs, by one of music's best ambassadors, Bob Marley. When I try to think about what "genre" my music is, it is hard for me to answer, because to me, that is not the main thing worth knowing about my music, right away. To me, that is what I'm singing about. Positivity. Making the world a better place. Loving people. To me, that is more noteworthy than whether a song is rock or reggae. I do both. To me, it's the tenor of what I'm talking about that matters most. Making a positive difference in the world we live in. Connecting with people. People coming together to do exceptional things and make the world a brighter place to live. Loving unconditionally essentially, whenever possible. Peace and love. One. All that stuff.

And in that regard, my music is like Bob Marley's. My friend, Destructo Bunny, plays hip hop. He freestyles and raps. He is also singing about love, a revolution in the mind, one without weapons, one where people decide for themselves what their lives will be like. What they're willing to do and why. Idealistic stuff, mostly, optimism, solutions. So, that is how I'd want my music to be classified. For the people who wanted to hear it, I'd be easier to find. I crave a discussion of meaningful matters in this world. A search for positive solutions. That is the purpose for my birth. I believe. I'm here and ready for it to happen. In its own way, every day, it arrives.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 253 "Don't Try This At Home"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5N2lqswV4


"Don't Try This At Home" Seriously, don't. Because, you can't. I dare you. Nobody can. And it's like the Operation 365 in that way. I, Jefferson Jay, do things that no one else on this planet can do. That goes for you too. Well, that's up to you, I guess. Is it true? What do you do?
This is one of the things I do.

If you think this sounds arrogant, overly secure cocky, I suggest you watch this video to understand the tenor of what this is all about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8mOKtSJ6rI

Get with the program, BROTHER!

Yes, I dare you to try, this, but I strongly suggest you resist. Do it perfectly, Orchestrate. Get some sheet music and some horns, and you'll make a million dollars. I guarantee it, but only if you play it exactly note for note. I provide all the instruments on my own. I am an idea factory. Too bad, I don't know who's buying those right now. If you do, email me at jefferson@jeffersonjay.com. Please. I got tons of these. I'm just getting started.

Love.

No comments: