Monday, August 22, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 265

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 271 "What?!?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeaFq8ELbMs


Today has been one of the more difficult days on the 365 and all the reasons why are explained in good detail in today's new song, "What?!?" Briefly, I woke up to let the dogs out at 3:30 in the morning and a huge chunk of the hearing in my right ear (75%?) was gone. A loud high-pitched ringing was there instead. Scary. I went back to sleep hoping it would be better in the morning. It wasn't. I am sitting here at 1:09PM, just listening to the ring and feeling like my ear is extremely water-logged. As a musician, it's a pretty scary, helpless feeling.

Anyway, I wrote this informative tune about my reality today. I even made a joke or two. Wish me well. Pray if you do. Hopefully, I'll feel better soon.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 271 "For What It's Worth" - Stephen Stills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3KpIsv6UQ


"For What It's Worth" is a classic protest song written by Stephen Stills and performed by Buffalo Springfield. I was trying to pick a song today to do. It was hard. I woke up with a pretty huge amount of sudden hearing loss in my right ear and it's hard to sing when you can't really hear yourself. I tried a tune or two before finding this one, which I was able to sing because it's so familiar to me. I thought some of the lyrics had an interesting application to my trouble of the day.

"There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear"

That's for sure. Real unclear. Maybe it was the noise made by the "man with a gun over there" that did it to me. That or all that loud music over the years, Phish shows, drum kits... I don't know. Maybe it will be OK. Maybe I'm the one who should pray. Hopefully, I'll hear better later today. Oh, brother.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 271 Justin Mills "The Lonely Line" 2-5-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIEnATRLPQ


I love Justin Mills. I love his music. I love the understated way he delivers his music and I love the detached emotional nature of his tunes. This tune is resonating with my cloudy headed feeling on the Monday afternoon. This song seems to be about someone reassuring themselves everything will be OK. This song mentions sleeping and peace a lot. I awoke from sleeping down a huge amount of hearing in my right ear. I deeply want the peace I will find when my hearing fixes. All the background talking that I would usually hear right over on this track is making my head spin. It is hard for me to focus and I am getting a little dizzy. I am done with this for now. Enjoy Justin. Wish me well. Thanks.

No comments: