Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 253

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 259 Charbra "Oh Mama" 12-9-2008http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQYlGRu_2w


Here are my friends' Charbra once again. This was recorded at my Open Mic on December 9, 2008. This is one of Charbra'a fine tunes, "Oh Mama." What's special about this version is that this was the day they wrote the tune. It is a great feeling as a songwriter to come up with a new one, and it very gratifying to get the chance to share that new one with an audience right away. You can see how happy the girls are playing it. It is a nice fuzzy moment that we can all share now. Hooray music!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 259 "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywH6aoKUJso


So tomorrow is my girlfriend Leanne's birthday. There is a fine line between really nice sweet sentiments and embarrassing yourself with your public professions of love. I am slightly embarassment-proof, but I am not a robot. I am invested in this relationship going as well as it can for as long as possible. It's called love, folks. Anyway, that is why I'm posting to this today and not tomorrow. It's that fine line.

As a New Jerseyite born in the Bon Jovi era, I am a bit of a sucker for these jams. It's not my fault. I was in 7th grade and they were singing about the prom. At the time, that was romantic and exciting to me. I still have a very soft spot for "Never Say Goodbye." Who wants to say goodbye? Not I. Happy Birthday honey at midnight. We're going to the poker table tonight. We haven't left yet, but I'm all in.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 259 "Perspective"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvbfJAu5plg


I've been writing songs all sorts of ways these days thanks to this here 365. I've written a couple with nothing more than a pen and a piece of paper. This one, "Perspective," was written with a multi-colored pencil, all bright in yellow, red, and orange. I scribbled chords and words while Richard Romero and Friends played at John Tafolla's birthday party two weeks ago. I was inspired and I wrote this whole song. I didn't play for week or two, but after I played a couple times, I liked it. This might not be the polished finished version, but it might, It is short and sweet and sometimes, things work well that way. I almost called it "October," but I thought about it and decided "Perspective" was more what the song was all about.

No comments: