Saturday, August 13, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 256

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 262 Mojitos on Labor Night - Part Two - 9-6-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsA6-xVgeEc


Here is Part Two of fun hanging out with friends at our mojitos party on Labor Night 2010. Thanks to Blowski and the Blowski fam for hosting all these fab bashes last summer. It was truly epic fun. Here is Part Two of our party. This was all filmed, just a little biut after Leanne and I hooked up. I think the camera manages to show our puppy love through the eyes of each other and my trusty camera. Enjoy a unique window into our world of friends circa Summer 2010. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 262 "Mary Mack"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqNjkjs59U


Here is the popular little girls, clapping game song, "Mary Mack." I remember in 1st, 2nd ,and 3rd grade, I was jealous of my classmates clapping. I wanted in, but as too busy" hating the girls" to show that side of my desire. Boy, am I glad I outgrew that?

So here in 2011, I'm making "Mary Mack" my own. I decided to do it death metal style. For some reason, in death metal, the singers sing like Cookie Monster. I think they think that makes them bad-ass. I respectfully disagree. I think it makes them sound like Cookie Monster. I guess they think it's scary. I would go more with silly, but I guess it's a matter of perspective. Why sing when you can growl? Well, here it is, clap hands if you can to my "Miss Mary Mack"

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 262 "Dawson"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi82sQrU4hQ


"Dawson" is a song I wrote awhile back, about how cool folks named "Dawson" are. I was a huge fan of Andre Dawson, the baseball player, growing up. I liked his combination of power and speed. I liked his nickname, "Hawk," and his rile of an arm. I thought Richard Dawson was an all-time great game show host on Family Feud and his portrayal of the villain in Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The Running Man," made him a performer who could do no wrong in my book.

Later, I grew to appreciate the beauty and talent of Rosario Dawson. I then looked back at Len Dawson's work in light of these other revelations, and found it to be pretty impressive as well. Since then, I've met other impressive Dawsons in all walks of life. Imposter Dawsons, like the show, Dawson's Creek," and this guy, http://www.youtube.com/user/ShaneDawsonTV (real name Sahen yaw) are not as cool, but technically, they are not even really Dawsons. They are merely gravy training on the Dawson name. Shame on you, Shane.

I recorded this fun screenflow vid for Dawson awhile back,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGh7nEdJeOg

It's worth checking out, I'd say. I made some minor alterations for this version of "Dawson," but you can check out the album version at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com if you wish. Peace y'allses.

No comments: