Thursday, August 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 261

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 267 Acoustic Booze "Little Johnny" 5-22-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki_NMh-E5DA


So I was chatting on Facebook, with former Booze bassist Dylan Avery and he asked me what was up today for the 365. It was nice to be asked. I immediately uncovered this. Let's consider these last two days in the archives a study on what can go wrong with filming in live music venues. Yesterday, for "Killing's Wrong' we were on the side with bad sound and the lights made me look like an alien. For this one, Acoustic Booze's "Little Johnny" from May 22, 2010, it is my powerful drumming that causes the camera to wobble just a little every time I smash the bass drum. I decided to use it anyway. Why? Because.

"Little Johnny" is one of the very many cool tunes Blowski wrote and used for his project. I saw Blowsk yesterday and remembered his tune, "Little Baby," so I've been having a renaissance of Blowski music in my head the last day or two. I haven't drummer much since I resigned from the Booze in May. I kind of miss it. It was fun, but life said it was time to focus on my music and that's what I have done. Much fun had in the Booze back in the day, though and I wish them the best moving forward. "Little Johnny" is about a kid. That's about as much as I know. He gets a Wet Willie at some point in the song. Also featured here are The Soul Man on guiro, Adiranna Martin-Morningstar on vocals, Mr. Avery on bass, the Blowsk Man on vocals and guitar, Patricia "The Militia" Mueller on keys and myself, unpictured but shaking the frame, on drums. Dg some vintage booze. Peace.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 267 "The Greatest Love of All" by Michael Masser & Linda Creed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puEg00apIOs


I have liked "The Greatest Love of All" since Whitney Houston had a big hit with it, back in the "How Will I Know?" day. It is so preachy, it's perfect. Hilarious. I like singing it in my deep, Southern baptist, preacher man, voice. I thought I had more to say about this jam, but it's eluding me right now. "Learning to love yourself, it is the greatest love of all." I think I will just leave it at that, then. Good point, Masser... Creed.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 267 "Would We Eat Dog If We Had To?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzogKcnUwk


Leanne and I were trying to decide what to do for lunch and/or breakfast and it led to this spirited debate. Would you eat a lollipop made of steak? Would you eat your puppy or would you eat cat poop with 'em? Which would you do first? If you had to? Tough questions, this life is full of 'em. I'm hungry. We're going to get something to eat. Steak lollies, anyone? Nice dancing appears in this video. Consider yourself warned.

No comments: