Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 252

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 258 Charbra "I'm Looking Through You" 12-9-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yj-9Fcj-8M


Once again, we return to December 9, 2008, my brother and sister's birthday. Here is Charbra singing the Beatles classic, "I'm Looking Through You." I am skyping with my brother now. Kicking it with him and his baby, Jacob. Very cool. Got the Yankees and Angels on MLB.TV. My bro just asked me what I'm doing. I answered, "Watching the Yankees game, hanging with Paul Ruiz, skyping with you, and writing my blog." He said, "It's amazing you don't get paid for any of that." I agree.

Charbra are Barbara Tolbert and Charlotte James, from left to right. They are lovely young ladies. We played with them last Saturday at Destructo Bunny's birthday party. It was good times.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 258 "Walk Like An Egyptian" by Liam Sternberg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wHlMG1Omc


"Walk Like An Egyptian" was a fun song from back in the old days. The Bangles. In fact, I liked their whole "Different Light" album. The 1980's. Much fun. Gosh golly.

I just learned this song is by Liam Sternberg, not The Bangles. Go Sternberg.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 258 "The Happy Side"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4CYWm6FNYk


This is "The Happy Side," from my Red CD. I used to play it a lot, but not so much these days. We played those "Red" tunes all the time for years in the band, and now I don't play them much these days. I change the words to this song almost every time I do it. This time was no exception. I don't have much to say today. I will let the music speak for itself.

Paul Ruiz joins me on trumpet and my brother John and his baby son, Jacob can be heard via Skype.

No comments: