Sunday, August 28, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 271

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 277 Jefferson Jay "Happy Anniversary" 8-28-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMkUtQl2eic


Special Bonus Cover to the Archives Section of the 365 today. Most days, Operation 365 features an original, a cover and an archive. Part of the point of the archive is that is offers me the flexibility to post whatever I want on unique days like today when a clip from an old show I did, just won't cut the mustard. So today, there were a few worlds events that required tribute and this is way it goes.

So today, my one year anniversary with my dear, sweet girlfriend Leanne. It has been a wonderful year. This morning I hearkened back to one of my favorite Flintstones clips and here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DINuAWoxy4Q

Well, here Fred gets some friends to salute Wilma on their special day. Good times. These lyrics, written by cartoon legends, Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera go to the tune of The William Tell Overture by Gioacchino Rossini. Our pup Nigel appears here. Compounding our day of celebration, it is Nigel's very first birthday. Awwwwww... Watch as he dances and stands on my chest. Like I said, good times.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 277 "Like A Hurricane" by Neil Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9QGvnyWATg


So, the whole east coast hurricane needed to be addressed here on the 365. That disaster coinciding with my anniversary led to the need for multiple covers today. Thank God for the archives. And thank God for Neil Young's "Like A Hurricane." For a dark second, I though I was going to have to cover The Scorpions' "Rock You Like A Hurricane." I don't like that song at all. The Scorpions, AC/DC. and Kiss top my list of not favorite bands. So I was thrilled and relieved when I remembered "Like A Hurricane" existed. Another great reason to love Neil Young. Integrity, righteousness, talent, philanthropy, musical diversity... There are just so many reasons to love Neil Young. I had fun playing "Like A Hurricane." Operation 365 send its heartfelt best wishes to everybody enduring Hurricane Irene on the east coast. Hang in there. I'm with ya. Well, technically I'm in the 75 degree sunshine of a San Diego Sunday. But in spirit, I'm definitely with you. Big time. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 277 "Part Two"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eptNQYnvF8c


This is the final part of my anniversary tribute to Leanne, my love. On approximately December 7, 2010, I asked Leanne if she wanted to write a song with me. She was hesitant so I quickly wrote this little number, "Every Day's Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLcktADR7E

I liked it and she did too, so we quickly embarked on writing its sequel, which we did. It's here now for you and it's called "Part Two.' It has some shared chunks with "Every Day's Time," but all in all it's a totally different tune. There's some lyrics I like in there like, "I'd rather make love than have chicken pox," and "I’m gonna go ride a Triceratops now," both, totally true. So as I sign off here on Day 277 I want to say, I love you honey. It's been a fabulous year. Thanks. Here's to extensive amounts of collaboration moving forward.

No comments: