Saturday, August 6, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 249

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 255 Dylan Avery - 9-21-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1O25V3Zq2c


Happy Saturday everybody! I name my hard drives after my dear friends. It is an honor of sorts. I have many drives, required to house all this video and audio action I've accumulated. one of my drives I purchased because a friends was making a movie (A REAL MOVIE!!!) and I was afraid he'd have an accident if he didn't back it up. That friend is Dylan Avery and the movie he made was called "Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup." I'm not going to get into all that right now, but I certainly suggest checking it out.

Dylan is my pal. We have laughed over many things over the year. From our love of Schweebus to the unique colloquialisms of our friends, Tim Clark and Blowski, Phish chunking out on "Reba" on Dylan's birthday, 11-1-2009, and much more. For a time we were the rhythm section in Blowski's band, Acoustic Booze. Now Dylan had moved to LA and I am happy to say he is doing well. I should also mention that he edited and directed my first movie "Jefferson Jay's 24 Hours of Free Music." It is a concert film.

While he was living in San Diego, Dylan took up the acoustic guitar. I helped him find this nice Fender that he is playing here. This performance, filmed at my Open Mic on September 21, 2010, was Dylan's first on acoustic on stage. I think he does a fine job. Dylan is a courageous and good-hearted individual. If America had millions more like him, our country would be well on its way to earning all the accolades it had written into the national propaganda machine. "Land of the free and the home of the brave," and whatnot.

"FOR THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE 'AVE...... (RY)." Remember when questioning things was considered an American thing to do? I do.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 255 "Bungle in the Jungle" by Ian Anderson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQ5KvIiU3A


Jethro Tull is awesome. I love the unique approach and sound they have put out for all those years. "Bungle in the Jungle" is another great Tull tune. Ian Anderson, is the frontman, flute master, and primary songwriter for Tull.

"He who made kittens but snakes in the grass" - Ian Anderson. Nice quote Ian. Bueno.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 255 "What It Means To Be Me"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hNlgWyPrI


Here is Part Two of the two tune Steve Hunsberger and I wrote after a long fun night of partying it up, two nights ago. Enjoy a unique window into the Hunsberger hideaway, one of my favorite places to go and be.

Yankees-Red Sox starts in 15 minutes. I am excited to watch some. Thanks to http://www.freetv-watch.com/usa/fox-25-boston.html for their helpful stream. I don't know if it's legal, but I am not a cop.

The Jefferson Jay Band plays tonight at Winston's celebrating the birthday of the Bunny, the Destructo Bunny. It will be much fun and I am excited. Rest now, rock later. That's a plan.

No comments: