Saturday, August 27, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 270

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 276 Jefferson Jay Calls Out Life - Part Two - 8-27-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Z32G2GBeo


This is the second part of my ongoing verbal battle with life, waged in the time-honored style of professional wrestling promos. Here, I acknowledge life's unpredictability, its' slipperiness if you will, before reassuring all the Lovemakers out there, from sea to shining sea, that it's not over yet and we will rise in love. It may seem unlikely, but that doesn't matter. The human spirit and its capacity for goodness will rise from the corporate ashes and we will celebrate at the finish line.

Not to break the fourth wall or anything, but I really do love life. It is my friend and not my enemy at all. It is a strange bedfellow though. That I will admit. Never know when its coming or going or what its going to do when it does. It's OK. I have faith. I'm prepared. I've seen life in its underwear. In the immortal words of the great Macho Man, Randy Savage. "Oooooooh Yeah!!!!!!!!"

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 276 "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhYJAVru7ys


I'm not sure who the he in this tune is. J.P. Morgan? Some Rockefeller or Rothschild? I don't know. God? Maybe. I remember this song selling a bunch of Coke in the early eighties. I think Disney used it too. I'm not sure God would work with those cats. Maybe. Plus, how we know God's not a she? We don't I would hate to see that PMS. No offense, ladies, but you'd hate to see it too.

Either way, I'm loungin' it up here on Saturday. There' ninety days left in the 365 and I'm aiming to have some fun. Thanks Him, whoever you are. That's for lettin' me live in your world.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 276 "Lost Pieces"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWVFfvVGUYk


"Lost Pieces" is another of the songs I wrote a few nights ago when Leanne went to bed early. It's been very nice having a handful of new tunes to choose from that I don't need to write here on the spot. It is also cool because it's seems like they keep relating to whatever I'm an ruminating on in the given day. What does this mean? Well, 365 devotees know that I have been pondering the slippery nature of life quite a bit these days, the ups and downs, the peaks and valleys, whatever you want to call it. "Lost Pieces" is about how some day we will fall apart too. This song veils it in talking about inanimate objects and horsies, but they have life cycles too. Plus if they're all made of the same atomic material that we are, who's to say they are any more or less inanimate than we are? That's another topic for another day.

Two nights ago, I gave Josh and Leanne a new challenge. I didn't tell them what it was til it was over, but with my oversight and organization and their content we wrote 5 songs in 16 minutes. If you add the time it took me to record them on my phone, the whole thing took half an hour. I'll be busting some of them out soon. Dig.

No comments: