Thursday, July 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 233

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 239 Chimney Fish 12-11-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BheD8Nbfho

Here are Chimney Fish, in late 2008, at our second to last Thursday of the year, back then. Chimney Fish are Brett Walling, vox, Jeff Shaefer sick lead guitar, Luke Oskam, bass, and Andy Davis, drums. Vintage. Enjoy the dancers dancing.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 239 "Let's Hear It For Rock N' Roll" by Clifford M. Jomuad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldd4VbmkdrM

This is the epic opus of my buddy Clifford. He was showing me how to play it at Nancy's Don CD release bash last weekend. He showed up. I needed a cover. Today was the day. I'm very happy to have had him here to sing lead on it. It only seems right. Paul Ruiz added some kazoo. We sang this jam muchly back in the day on stage. I would dance. He would light himself on fire. It was fun.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 239 "This Is Our Times"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdKWu36wFQE

In honor of Comic-Con, which his here in San Diego this weekend, we became cartoons for the performance of today's song. I have some passes actually. Should I go? It's kinda crazy... It was quite a transformation. Paul Ruiz, Clifford Jomuad and I were rockin' out and this new tune came out. I provided some lyrics. Paul played the voicebox thing. Clifford kept the beat. Shout out to Blowski and grammatical freedom, "This is Our Times." A little sloppy, and it's kind of like life in that way. Yes, it is.

No comments: