Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 40

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 40 “40” – by U2


Like in life, 40 is kind of a big deal on the 365. “40 Days and 40 Blogs” is a dream I have where all these passages tell a story and it reads from start to finish like a book, or an e-book or whatever. For the first 365, I organized them all in that format and wound up with 10 “40 Days and 40 Blogs” “books.” Has anyone ever seen them? Not that I know of. They exist on the Internet, just not in a very well-organized or linear way. It’s hard to fully get a story that you get in bits and pieces in random orders unless you are Quentin Tarentino or one his devotees.

So, 40 is a landmark of sorts, for me. Nine more 40s and it’ll be Christmas week again. So to celebrate “40” here is lovely devotional song by U2 called “40.” So far, I like my 40s a lot.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 40 “Groundhog Day” by Jefferson Jay

The 40 day mark of the 365 2 is not the only cause for celebration today. It is also Groundhog Day. According to one of the people I work with Punxatawnnie Phil or, however you spell it, did not see his shadow and Spring will come soon. I have no idea. I live in San Diego.

But, it seemed like a fun thing to do early this morning, to write a Groundhog Day tune with some of my special needs friends and record and celebrate. One of the staffers who contributed to the tune said that it summoned that East coast winter frustration/longing for Spring sensation. To me, that’s what Groundhog Day is all about.

Well, that and one more thing, I was thinking about. That movie “Groundhog Day” is all about the torture of living the same day over and over. I was considering the other side of that, when tough things happen, and what a dream it would be to go back before then, like in Groundhog Day for even one second. Interesting. These are the colors of inspiration.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 40 “Why to Be Happy”


Darned if I know. Because we can. When we can. Maybe that’s the best reason. Love. Laughing. Music. Because it’s more fun than worrying, grieving, hurting. Because what else this there to do? Because it’s fun. Because it’s the lingering impression

No comments: