Thursday, February 11, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 49

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 49 “Can’t Buy Me Love” by The Beatles

I recorded a bunch of decent videos today. Only I wasn’t feeling ‘em all so much. I did one where I played “Safety Dance” laying in a pile of balls, completing a make-believe life-long dream of playing laying in balls. I did one detailing “The Making of…” that one. I did one called “Balls and Goals” where I sat in the chair and detailed how important it is to have those in your life. I was very inspired apparently by Leanne’s soccer gear. I doubt I’ll be posting those ever. Maybe…

I did one where I talked about Nigel with an accent. And then I got over to these. Maybe I ought to reconsider posting the one with the accent. Looking back, I think it loosened me up. Not as comfy playing on balls as you might think.

I was having fun playing “Can’t Buy Me Love” today at work for my special needs folks and I had fun playing it here today for you. I liked the movie of the same name too when I was a kid. People were eating up the tunes today at work. Got one group all kinds of fired up with a “Friends in Low Places” like I’ve never seen before. I love my job. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 49 “Up Close with Nigel”

Upon further review, I’ve decided to air my Crocodile Hunter/National Geographic-type piece with Nigel in its entirety. If I’m ever on Saturday Night Live, perhaps this guy will be one of my characters. I love Nigel. You may too after you get “Up Close with Nigel”.

Shout out to Roy Firestone. And Art Rust Jr. while I’m at it. Hail.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 49 “How” by Jefferson Jay

I didn’t even really mean to play this song. I was relaxing after a long-feeling few days and it took me some time to finally loosen up. Next thing I know, I find myself playing this groove and feeling it. So, here it is, in its’ entirety. I meant it, at most, as a little intro to a different tune, but alas, it’s a tune of it’s own. Maybe I’ll post that tune tomorrow.

I like the idea of a song that asks questions. When? What? How? A lot of us need to answer these and we need to answer them all as a society. How will we solve our problems? How will we get along well enough to implement a great plan, if we were to make one. I believe we can and I believe the most important question is,” How?”


No comments: