Monday, February 8, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 46

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 46 “Everything Alright” by Jefferson Jay


A sleepy post Super Bowl Monday. Told ya so about that Peyton Manning. Won't be hosting that talk show. Hmmm... What else ya know? I banged my ring finger on a busted chair. I'm ok. Saturday afternoon, after our dodgeball contests, I played some tunes. Tired but fired up. "Everything Alright" is the first song I wrote for this here Operation 365 2 a few weeks back. Wrote it then, but didn't play it til the other day. Enjoy. It's a neat tune about what we can do to make the world the way we want it. We, in this case, means love-intentioned, reasonable people.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 46 “Musicians Should Pay for the Super Bowl”


A friend said the musical acts paid to play the Super Bowl yesterday. Sad that that's an option and sadder they said yes. I guess the NFL doesn't believe music is worth paying for. Nice message that sends. A nice message was sent though at the end of the performance when the audience, who also paid to be there incidentally, held at their arms and it read " Believe in love." This is translated from NFL to English to mean "please disregard concussions." Classy stuff as always, NFL.

Day 46 Shout Out to Buddy Ryan's "46" Defense and the Champion Super Bowl Shuffle Bears of '85.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 46 “7th Heaven” by Dan Foliart


I've never watched an episode of 7th Heaven and I've never heard the song, but Leanne and Dan are much younger then me and watched family shows in the 90's when that was out. I did not. So, Leanne said she'd sing this jam but then she ran an errand so I busted it out, sound unheard. Thanks to Dan for the coaching so I at least had an idea how it went. Hope it takes you to 7th Heaven whatever that means.

No comments: