Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 48

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 48 “Rain” by Jefferson Jay


This morning, one of the special needs adults I work with asked me to sing a song about rain. So I said ,”OK,” and penned this little rain hit. Props to whoever wrote the nursery rhyme I borrowed the lyrics form. Cheers to my friend Blowski for singing a different “Little Johnny” song. Wikipedia tells me someone else had this idea so shout out to the Bobby Vinton-recorded song, I’ve never heard. Gosh, I hope it doesn’t sound exactly the same.

Shout out to El Nino, allegedly making a comeback next week.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 48 “Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac

I had fun playing this song a number of years back when a lady and I split up and I knew it was for the best. I truly did wish her the best, going her own way and I played this song a bunch back then as a reflection of sorts. I must have been very moved on to me new relationship during that first 365 because I never looked back and shared my “Go Your Own Way” cover then. Now, it’s just “Go Your Own Way” again to me and it is still another fun Fleetwood Mac song to share on a Wednesday.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 48 “Can You Spot the Black Panther?”

Today, in absurd controversies…Well, apparently some folks are outraged because Beyonce had her dancers dress like Black Panthers during the super Bowl halftime show. First of all, if she paid to play, (as sources report), it serves them right, her doing whatever she feels like. That is not the part that bothers me today. It is the huge amount of ignorance people have regarding the Black Panthers. Did anybody notice what was on the helmet of the team that lost the Super Bowl? A black panther. How about their name? Panthers. This stuff is so stupid you couldn’t make it up. I guess some white folks need to pretend to be victims of racism somehow. Oh, brother. 

This song postulates that we all could stand to learn a thing or two more about the Black Panthers and history overall.

Finally, congratulations to Bernie Sanders, the first Jewish person ever to win a primary in the history of The United States of America. Hope he’s elected so he can overturn nonsense like this article.



…great!

No comments: