Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 54

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 54 “Before You Accuse Me” by Bo Diddley


The 365 was a bit of a odyssey today. I try to keep it not that way, but it happened. Earlier today, I improvised a little tune at work and played a version of “Johnny B. Goode” that was decent. I’m not sure if I’ve ever done “Johnny B. Goode” but I decided to go elsewhere largely due to looking schwaggerly. It’s not ideal…

So, then some motivation and a hop in my step I decided to learn, transcribe and do my dear friend Matt Reischling’s classic tune, “Chicken Bone.” It was cool cause we got to chat a little on line and catch up some while I was learning the tune. Alas, in a million tries I never got close to satisfied with my performance of it. I love the tune too much to play it sub-par. So, it was emerge another day, I ‘m sure. Somewhere in the middle of this, I busted my finger open with a rock and bled on my guitar. #Blowski

So, needless to say, I was becoming a tad frustrated. I then switched up and decided to play “Wind Beneath My Wings.” That was going OK, except my strap snapped off on one take and only my complete lack of trust for guitar straps saved my Gibson from smashing into the concrete. Gotta figure that becomes the “Words” video here in a bit. “Never Trust Anything.”

At that point, that song was burned out for me also for today and I went back to the drawing board once again. Hours are passing. What can ya play when you’re frustrated and still have it sound OK? The Blues. And that’s what happened.

I pulled up this “Before You Accuse Me” because I had fun singing it with Israel Maldonado and some friends at the Jam at Winston’s on a Thursday  (6-9) a couple weeks back. It went pretty well. I think my wife, pictured reading was second-guessing the lyrics and why I was singing them, i.e. ”I´m spending my money on other women.”

I think I’m gonna post the one where she got a beer instead of the one she glared through, because I sang a little better, but that is the one that lead to this…

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 54 “Me School” by Jefferson Jay

So I was singing me some blues and my wife was looking at me funny because of lyrics I didn’t write such as ”I´m spending my money on other women.” So to reassure her and stay in my chosen genre of the day, blues, I made her up a little blues song I’m calling “Me School.” It seemed to change the subject and do the job. It got me through another 365 to boot. XOXO. Peace to you.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 54 – “Never Trust Anything”


I don’t really mean that, but as it pertains to guitar straps, I most entirely do. I shoulda named it “Never Trust Guitar Straps,” but I wanted to relate to more people. Love you.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 54 – “Nobody Said It Was Easy”

In honor of the trials and tribulations, especially the bleeding, that went into today’s 365, I’ve decided to share the trials and tribulations that went into today’s 365. It’s dinner time.

No comments: