Thursday, February 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 63

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 63 “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” by Silento

I discovered this lovely number one day subbing for the 5th grade. The kids sure like this jam and were literally breaking into song and dance as they showed it to me. It was a chorus class so it was actually fairly appropriate. I after another visit with these kids, looked up the tune and it is catchy. Silly, yes, but so what? I like silly. The video was neat too. So, this song is only as one or two chords according to the Internet. I made up my own chord progression that follows the melody somewhat and makes it so it’s much more fun to play on guitar.

I did two versions and I haven’t decided which one to post yet. The second one was even sillier than the first one so that may win. Maybe these covers will make me a hero to the youngsters of the world. If so, youngsters, be kind to your fellow man and woman and it will take you further than you’ll ever know. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 63 “The Second Amendment” by Jefferson Jay

I can’t say I have a seriously strong opinion about the Second Amendment, but I DO now have a song about it. I obviously agree that is not great that people are going around shooting up public places so often. I am also highly uncertain that regular people need automatic weapons sitting around. That said, like many other pressing issues, I have not idea what the proper solution would be on that. I can only imagine like on most other issues there are heated passionate opinions on both sides of the matter and for good reason. Americans need guns to protect themselves but who’s protecting Americans, or anyone for that matter, from lunatics with military weapons all over.

I don’t know and that’s at least part of the reason why, my song offers no insight or solutions whatsoever on this pertinent and polarizing issue. Thank you.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 63 “The Extra Mile”

Today's riveting "Words" segment looks a little bit at what goes in to making a 365 exist. It also touches on "going the extra mile," and what that means to different folks out there in the universe. For some it takes more than others. I may be here in the middle somewhere, but I'm here every day. Thrice.


No comments: