Monday, February 15, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 53

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 53 “Bo-Bo-Ski-Watten-Totten” by Unknown


I’m not sure what pseudo-random mechanism in my mind puts “cover tunes” in there first thing in the AM, but this is how it played out today. You can see I still have my morning dishevel on. So, this mysterious hit from childhood is what happened. The girls used to slap hands and sing this in grade school and now I go it alone. Wikipedia has no idea who wrote this when it started or what it means. I’m going to double check that now.

Wikipedia, “The page "Bo bo ski watten totten" does not exist. You can ask for it to be created.”

No thanks, Peed’. Have fun slapping this one around on a Monday.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 53 Face” by Jefferson Jay

“Face” is a pretty cool tune I wrote last year. Here I am playing it last week, after our dodge ball conquests. I was shooting for an upbeat, major, feel-good kind of song and”Face” is what came out. I like this one. Might be cool with harmonies. Or Mike Patton singing. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 53 – “Introducing The Jefferson Jay Band” 12-31-15

This is my band and these are my friends. It is quite a lovely state of affairs, and here, I chose to share. This is brief pause between tunes at our New Year’s Eve Mother’s Saloon gig in 2015, a very fun night indeed. Six swell folks. I didn’t have a whole great deal I felt like saying today, so here instead, I say the names, of five people who mean the world to me. How blessed I am to have them as friends, etc…

Shout-out to Cory Wilkins, Laura Wilkins and The Cory Wilkins Band, whose “chick drummer” intro I borrowed. We play Mother’s with them on March 27, 2016, 3-7 PM.

Time to go get stuck with needles by Aquilino Soriano. Outski. Hail the JJB!



No comments: