Friday, February 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 64

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 64 “Who Cares” by Jefferson Jay

My friend Dan, here, pictured, lower right, said the name of this song reminded him of “So What,” by Miles Davis. I like that. In an attempt to keep it fresh here today on the 365 and keep attention away from my stuffed nose, I went banjo. I’m a tad rusty, but it was fun and I was able to play songs, so that is a victory.

“Who Cares” is a tune I wrote in 2012, I believe. I wrote a lot of tunes with a feel like this then. What can I tell ya? I was happy. Life’s pretty neat.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 64 “Bob” by NOFX


As I mention almost daily, I do music with special needs adults a few days a week. It is quite enjoyable. It has been a few years now, but when I started the previous lady gave me the lay of the land. There was this one fellow who loved this tune “Bob.” Couldn’t get enough of it. You pretty much HAD to play it or he would request it the whole time and even say “Pleeeeease.” So she learned it, so she could get through her classes and she suggested I learn it too. She let me know that some words were inappropriate so I’d need to clean it up some. I did this. Dude was psyched. So psyched. He’d request it every time and I’d play it every time. He’d request it again after I played it, but hew understood that wasn’t going to happen.

The guy doesn’t go there any more so I haven’t played “Bob” in a long time. Oddly, I missed it. I’m not really a punk guy, I wasn’t used to actually singing the dirty words, much less, playing it on banjo. Previously, I’d only guitared it. OK. So cheers to m y old friend whose name I shall protect for his privacy, but I miss him and hope the universe brings him this video and the immeasurable joy that would come with it. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 64 “Always Pros”

The bright side, folks. Traveling light. It’s the only way to fly. Copyright Widespread Panic. Wanted Phish tickets today. They went on sale for July 23. They were $72.00 each plus a $16.75 service charge. What kind of service am I getting exactly for that $16.75? I get some emails saying because I bought tickets from Ticketmaster years ago, I have money coming to me, but I’ve never seen any of it. If I buy these, will I get those two $16.75s back in ten years? Who cares? I chose pros, as in the pros of still have two hundred dollars. If the universe wills it, I’ll be there. Right now, it’s February and then it’s July, so who cares.


In other news, and news far more germane to his video, incidentally, I look lovely in my wife’s gray headband. Words.

No comments: