Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 61

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 61 “Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber

I’ve never heard this song before. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard any Justin Bieber song before. I do music with special needs adults for a living and popular tunes come up often, so I discover them that way. I learned of “Hello” by Adele, “Uptown Funk You Up” by Bruno Mars and “Watch Me (Whip It/Nae/Nae)” from folks I work with. Those are the only current songs I know at all, and it’s four more than I usually know. I stopped following long ago.

One of the ladies’ I work with said this is her favorite song. I guess it’s very hip-hoppy. Makes sense. She said she hated my version and that everyone song is not country. I understand. It is much easier to do country on an acoustic guitar then hip-hop and I’ve never even heard the tune, so I was not offended.

I admit. I think the lyrics are hilarious and at a few point s, I had to bite my lip to contain my laughter. God bless these kids, but hat’s what the lyrics sound like to me, the kind of stuff one might write in 5th grade. No offense. I’m older. I guess I’m at a different part in my life, but what my mom thinks of my girlfriend is not that urgent and certainly nothing I would write a dong about because… I’m a grown man.

No offense, Justin, and Ed Sheeran (who co-wrote this and I also know nothing about) congratulations on all you’ve accomplished. If you can be as rich in kindness and generosity as you are in fans and cash, you will have accomplished something truly great.
Peace. Hope you enjoy my version of this song I’ve never heard.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 61 “Roger Maris” by Jefferson Jay

Today is Day 61 of Operation 365 2. A 365 project really gets you thinking about numbers in a deep way, so I was thinking about the number 61 and it’s significance. I decided it would be a worthy expenditure of my time to write a song about Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle’s legendary 1961 single-season home run record chase. Maris ultimately claimed the crown with 61 blasts, but not before enduring heaps of undeserved scrutiny from media and fans, who simply liked Mantle better.

Billy Crystal wrote a move about all this called 61*, but nobody had ever written a song about it that I knew of, so now humans can scratch that off the checklist of things that need to be done in human history. Here it is, alive and part of the 2nd 365.

Little did I know when I penned this gem, (It was actually far from gemmy when I wrote it. It needed some serious souping-up this afternoon) that it would be the first of a baker’s dozen of songs I wrote yesterday. NOTE: That depends how seriously you take the whole midnight = end of the day thing. I was walking Nigel the Pooch and I had an idea for a way anybody could write songs easily. It is sort of computer and app-y though and such things are not my specialty. Neither is business or marketing frankly. So because I couldn’t do my initial idea, I decided instead to do a little project instead to remind me that this can be done and why it is important for people to write songs.

So at about 10:39, I began. My goal – to write 12 songs at once, immediately. It took two hours. I wrote one in each key, as per my plan, which I stated and then executed before the camera on this very computer I type at right now. 12 tunes.  Talk soon.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 61 “Hopefully”

Appreciate everything now, while you can, cause ya never know… Ideally we’ll all be here years from now rejoicing... hopefully…

Anything Can Happen. Peace. Everything happens for a reason. Love. We are all one.


No comments: