Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 47

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 47 “The Power of Words” by Jefferson Jay

“The Power of Words” is a number I wrote three or four years back. It is the most Incubus-sy song I’ve ever written. I can’t say they’re a huge influence of mine. I don’t know any of their songs really, but I do like most of what I’ve heard. It just goes to show ya we all rub off on each other somehow in the whole scheme of things. Hint: It’s cause we’re all one. I am Incubus. And so are you. And we are also an elephant

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 47 “Do-Re-Mi” by Rodgers and Hammerstein


Hello, I’m not as full of ideas as I usually am today. Fortunately, I know me some “Do-Re-Mi.” Some of the elementary school students I teach from time to time sing this song. I also sang it in 5th grade in my first music experience. I was in the chorus for “The Sound of Music”. For some reason, I didn’t show up for the performance. I highly doubt I was missed.

Heaven forbid my dulled brain bore anyone, so to make sure it doesn’t, I bring you, “Do-Re-Mi” as sung by Billy Bob Thornton’s character in the classic film, “Sling Blade.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 47 “Shows I Like”

It’s not as easy I thought it was be, coming up with deep profound things to say every day. It’s not so much that I don’t have stuff to say as that it takes a lot of energy to say something meaningful and eloquent. Plus, you never know what kind of a rat’s nest that is going to stir up. I’m glad there’s 365 days because I’d like to say deep meaningful stuff, but today, I sang a little groove about current shows I like.

No comments: