Thursday, March 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 70

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 70 “Bread” by Jefferson Jay


“Bread” is song two of my 12-song burst from last week called “Welcome.” Paul Ruiz joins me on trumpet. When I wrote these lyrics, I thought they were nonsensical. Then I went back and read them after and changed my mind.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 70 “Stuck With You" by Huey Lewis

I thought I had my videos all squared away for today. I was just going to get on the old comp and cut em, bounce ‘em, and post ‘em and call it a day. Alas, I did the theme to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood in the first 365 and the version I had of that that I was going to use must be replaced. SHUCKS. So I still have no idea what today’s cover will be.  Gotta head out in 45 minutes so I’d better conjure something quick. I have a version of “Suicide is Painless” I’ve had as a back-up for a day just like today, but man is that song sad.

I just got a Huey Lewis wild hair. Let’s see if this goes somewhere.

I was going to do “The Heart of Rock N’ Roll,” as it was a special tune in my wife’s house growing up. A family classic, she danced with her Dad to it at our wedding for the first dance, but the Internet and it lying chords failed me, so I ventured over to “Stuck With You” town and that was fine. It was fun doing this tune. I enjoyed hearing the sweet backup vocals of my beloved wife.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 70 “We Can Do A Lot Better”

This one’s for everyone, including me. Who wields a nice guitar like that? Not genial. It’s meant to encourage kindness, co-operation, listening to our soul whisper and anything else we as a people can improve on. It’s to Donald Trump, aka Don Drumpf, and any of the xenophobic folks who think his hateful words are OK. We’re all one. We’re all equal and we can all do a better job acting like it. No offense. Only love.

Peace



No comments: