Saturday, March 26, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 93

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 93 “Here Comes the Show” by Jefferson Jay


It was a fine practice. Great to have the band back together here. Playing some new tunes. Rehearsing our old ones. Much fun with friends. Tomorrow, we play. Easter. Mother’s Saloon. 2228 Bacon St. I believe. 4 to 8 PM with The Cory Wilkins Band. Awesome and amazing. I believe.

So here’s a tune I wrote about getting ready for a show, one of the 24. Those are turning our to be better than I would have guessed. That’s why we don’t decide too early. Nobody knows what future a tune holds. They’re names keep changing too. Strange.

Much love to my Jefferson Jay Band members: Paul Ruiz, Leanne, Pearl, Kip Forde, Orion Boucher and Daniel Ratcliffe.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 93 “Scooby–Doo, Where Are You?” by David Mook & Ben Raliegh

A few years back, I was walking down the street and there in two clear plastic bags, were two costumes. They were brand new. A Shaggy and a Daphne costume. Complete with wigs, the entire thing. And sparkling clean. Literally, new. Laying on the street near Leanne’s old apartment.

So I did what any red-blooded American would do and I took them. Then came Halloween. Leanne and I wore them. I was Daphne and she was Shaggy because it wouldn’t have been very funny the other way around. It was Open Mic at Winston’s that night. We played this tune.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 93 “Do We Come Back From the Dead?”

Easter is the best time of the year to consider whether we return form the dead. I believe we do. This, one way or the other, nobody can prove. This video features interviews with local celebrities on this matter and I offer an opinion of two too. Believe, what do you?


Shout-out to Nice Chops and their incredible story about art and community. I aim to share this in much more detail soon.

If you like this here's a link to a tune from the old 365 on this same matter, "Back from the Dead"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCLxOqR-4m8

No comments: