Monday, March 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 74

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 74 “Juniper Jean” by Jefferson Jay

Woke up bright and early to some wonderful news, the arrival of my newest friend Juniper Jean Deans. She’d be a Son of a Bunny if she was a boy but she’s not, she’s a baby queen, Queen of Rabbit Castle. I could not be happier for James and Kara and baby Juniper. A few nights ago, I was feeling her pending arrival and I penned a future classic about this blessed event.  She waited to two more days, but still arrived in the middle of the night to rainfall, as my song forecast so big thanks to the universe for all their co-operation in this downpour of happiness.

I had to do a mini-partial rewrite on this jam today as I thought my new baby friend’s name was Juniper June. It is actually Juniper Jean, a pretty big difference considering Jean was James’ mom’s name and Juniper June is slightly redundant. The good news is… nicknames exist and the chances on Baby Girl being called June in her life, several thousand times by friends and loved ones is high. So I changed a couple words, a rhyme or two and I left a handful of “Juniper Junes.” What can I tell ya? June rhymes with tune, moon, soon swoon and a lot of other good songwriting syllables. Do you think there’s ever been a rapper named Sylla-Billy? I think would be a good rap name. He’d be the punniest playa in the game. Alas, I’ve lost focus. Oy.

So, HUGE CONGRATS from everybody here at the 365 (That’s me and Nigel for those keeping score at home. We’ll throw Leanne in there too. Why not?) to “Destructo Bunny” James and Kara Deans and most of all to Juniper Jean Rose. Welcome to the funfest that is life, little lady.

If one writes something and no one ever reads it, did he really write anything at all? That’s another mystery for another day, folks. Enjoy the rain and Happy Wonderful New Baby Day to all!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 74 “Mango Walk” by The In Crowd

I found “Mango Walk” in a school book. In fact, I detailed my finding of it in a “Words” video from last week called “This Book Can’t Be That Old.” While doing some research just now as to who wrote this, I found no answers, but I DID find that “Mango Walk” was most famously recorded by The In Crowd. I’ve never heard their version, or so I thought… Their version was used in the very first “Pilot” episode of “Breaking Bad.” Apparently it plays while Walter White is stealing all the chemistry equipment out of the school. I found and played “Mango Walk” in a school so I guess there’s a parallel there.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 74 “Everything Happens for A Reason”


And thank God for that!

No comments: