Friday, March 11, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 78

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 78 “Dancing in the Moonlight” by King Harvest


Some months ago, my dear pal Blowski suggested The Jefferson Jay Band play “Dancing in the Moonlight.” I listened to it a bunch on weekend morning and was moved by how beautiful a song it is. It really conjures a positive moment in King Harvest, who whoever wrote it’s, life. I was feeling it big time. Ultimately, the band did play it and I’d bet we will again at some point too.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 78 “Wrapped in the Moonlight” by Jefferson Jay

“Wrapped in the Moonlight” is the 8th of my 12-song EP “Welcome” that I wrote in a couple hours a couple weeks ago. I gave myself a 12-song at once challenge and I learned a lot about myself. I learned I could do it, but beyond that, I allowed some hiding feelings to escape and was surprised by what they revealed. I’m not going to spoil it, but the answer is in the lyrics if youwanna and we’re just getting closer to the reveal part… or something. I had been walking Nigel the pooch on an enchanting evening when I received the inspiration and I was still warmly regarding the moonlight, when the time to write lyrics to tune 8 rolled around.

Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 78 “Disappointment City”

I’ve decided to go in the direction of musical words for Day 78’s “Words” segment. I had this idea for a song to do on The Might 1090’s “The Scott and BR Show” about the Padres hopes for the upcoming 2016 season. Long story, short, there are none. They’re going to suck, barring a major miracle, and everybody knows it. They haven’t even tried to be good actually and it’s an embarrassment. This is why they are likely to spend the entire season battling to stay out of last place and that’s one of the better-case scenarios I can imagine.

It is possible that a more polished version of this ditty will appear on the “Originals” side of this ledger, but in the event that it never does, Here’s what I think about the 2016 San Diego Padres, “Disappointment City."

No comments: