Monday, March 28, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 95

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 95 “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” by The Beatles

I was doing my Music Therapy thing and one of the special needs dudes I work with knows every song from the last 60 years, more or less. He requested “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been having fun playing it since. Maxwell wasn’t giving peace a chance so much. It’s fun to write with characters. Characters, they say the darnedest things. Silver hammer, yeah.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 95 “Part of the Plan” by Jefferson Jay

Beginning to wrap my mind around these the 24 tunes I wrote a once a few weeks ago. We even played a couple of them with The Jefferson Jay Band last night. What a fun Easter gig it was at Mother’s Saloon. We played well and my van almost it the whole seven blocks to the gig. I am very psyched about the Band right. Guessing it’s all “Part of the Plan.” I guess that’s what this song means. I’m enjoying learning about what my own songs mean. Slow and steady.

Trumpeting superstar Paul Ruiz loves the wings at Mother’s. He says it’s like being in Heaven. That’s my favorite part of playing there, his joy when encountering the wings. And I LOVE the playing part. It’s just you rarely get to see some THAT happy. Yesterday was huge fun. I am grateful.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 95 “Product Placement”


So I received a special call into the Operation 365 from Leanne Pearl. It's her first day at her new job, Congrats, Leanne. She wasn't offering up very much salacious information in the interview. Fortunately, some very valuable products were nearby and I just may have innocently slipped them in naturally to the flow of today's 365. 

No comments: