Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 89

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 89 "Pearl" by Jefferson Jay



Here is a version of a blues tune called "Pearl" that I recorded a couple weeks back with my supreme amigo, Paul Ruiz on trumpet. Cheers to Paul. I missed him and all my friends, especially my bandmates, while visiting New Jersey this past week. It's great to be back in Ocean Beach!!!!!!!! The Jefferson Jay Band will reunite tonight on stage at Winston's as part of kindred spirit Destructo Bunny's fabulous showcase, The Meeting of the Meyends. It will be an honor to share the stage with him once again and another amigo, Israel Maldonado. Show starts at 10PM PST.

This is also a love song to my beloved wife, Leanne. We had an amazing time together in New Jersey and New York. Like she likes to say, "there is no better place to return home to than San Diego." Hail Nigel and hail the Hunsbergers for watching Nigel. While I'm at it Hail Nancy too. What the heck!

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 89 “Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant


In 1981 (In my memory it was '81, but could just as easily have been '82 or '83. I had to check. 82.), for one of those December holidays, I got a K-Tel tape. It was called "Dancing Madness" It was sweet. It had "Come Dancing" by The Kinks, "Always Something There to Remind Me" by Naked Eyes. It took me decades to realize they didn't write that song. It had "Pass the Dutchie." My favorite was "Electric Avenue," though. I liked the way he sang it. I liked the motorcycle sounds in the end. Eddy Grant was cool.

How I forgot through an entire 365 without doing this song is beyond me. Today, that is history. Here is my "Electric Avenue" complete with going out and back in tune. Only for you. My peeps. Hail Bernie.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 89 “An Open Letter to New Jersey” 

First, I'd like to welcome Bernie Sanders to San Diego. He is here right now and about to speak. Like Bernie, I too have duties to do and today they are focused on one of our 50 states, one with a serious attitude problem. Watch the video if you really want to wallow in the nitty-gritty of it, but suffice it to say, people are pissed. Lighten up, New Jersey! It's going to be OK.








No comments: