Sunday, March 13, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 81

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 81 “Bright” by Jefferson Jay

“Bright” is one my newest songs, I am developing very strong personal feelings for it. I’ve been in a bit of songwriting frenzy and “Bright” stands out from the pack. I don't always fall in love with my own tunes. That would be nice though. That said, it makes it all the more special when one like "Bright" comes along, separates itself from the pack and raises the ceiling on what we're capable of. 

I had a blast jamming "Bright" with my brother-in-law Steven Pearl this past weekend.  He is an awesome drummer. We had a lovely time visiting with my wife’s family, The Pearls. Congratulations to my dad-in-law, Tom Pearl on his retirement. I find myself getting more and more excited about the future. Every day.

“Bright” is the penultimate tune in my 12-song EP “Welcome” that I’ve been trotting out over the last two weeks. Shout out to its sister song "Shine" by my brother, Trey Anastasio.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 81 "Build Me Up Buttercup" by Herman's Hermits

I've been experimenting with trying to plan out some videos in advance lately. I did "Dancing in the Moonlight" alongside my "Wrapped in the Moonlight" and I was going to post "Build Me Up, Buttercup" yesterday alongside my "Build with the Beat." Alas, I forgot, and the next thing ya know, the whole plan got "Like a Rolling Stone-d." No matter, we pick up and we go again. 

I was about to write about the unforgettable scene with this song in the original "The Naked Gun" movie. Then I did some research and realized "Build Me Up Buttercup" wasn't even in that movie and I'd been misremembering that for decades. The Herman's Hermits' tune "I'm Into Something Good" is. Ooops. That was close. So much for unforgettable. I do love this song though. It makes me feel good.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 81 “Loving the Love”

So, I’d just finished playing  “Build Me Up, Buttercup,” and one of the nice folks, Robert, from the church across the street starting talking to me. He is a very positive complimentary type dude and here he was giving me props for my “ripping.” Sweet. So, here we have friendly, kind neighborly banter and I dig it. Maybe I’ll bring this to New Jersey and use it as an instructional video for aggravated individuals. Perhaps THAT is the reason for all the 365 business.

I imagine that a hummingbird was loving the love too because upon further review, one was doing a little dart n’ jig to the left of my elbow mid-vid. Pretty neat. I’m a love lover. Thanks Robert for providing me another opportunity to demonstrate. Love represent.

No comments: