Thursday, March 31, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 98

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 98 “Life Is Great” by Jefferson Jay


So I’ve built up a pile of new originals. Wrote 24 more a couple of days ago and I’m getting a grasp on what those tunes are. Here’s one form the previous batch of 24. I’m noticing some of those were written like they are set or partially set in the past. “Life Is Great” sings about Roller skating in 1968. “Reruns,” which I posted yesterday hearkens Saturday Night Live in 1975. I think they were an introspective batch of tunes, but that’s an outward way to look in. Who knows? It’s fun unweaving what I wrote in a deliberate hurry. I barely even knew how these newest tunes go.

Due to the fact that we can even write tunes, life is great. Due to the fact that Open Mic was so amazing last night with so many incredible acts, life is great. I got to get the band back together at work today and enjoy them playing music together for a good while. We get to play music, have friends. Due to the fact that we can love, life is great.

There’s a million reasons life is great. The roses. The sunshine. The parrots flying over nearby. Jet planes. Doggies. Outside. Life is great. There’s a million reasons to celebrate this all the time. Flying.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 98 “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey

So sometimes even a 365er feels fatigue. Got to pick a cover, play it somewhat right. Do one I haven't done before in 460 tries. I went for "Mother," the Danzig tune. There's symbolism there. I'm certain. It wasn't happening. No (musical) Ma there for me today. A faint shot at encouraging myself, a song I fairly knew I hadn't done. That classic scene. Tony. Carmela. Meadow. AJ. We'll call the stop in the middle of this video an homage. Haha.

I've learned to love that ending. One of the better ones they've had. I also liked "Breaking Bad"'s.

So, here I do it a little different. I make it all the way through. It's not always a glorious adventure, this 365 life. Every day. It's what you do. I daydreamed briefly of calling it an Operation 100 for a moment. It was the first bit of this type of daydreaming of 365 2. It was brief, unlike my rendition of this tune. If you make it to the roses, I'm flattered. That was an awful kind thing of you to do. Let's believe. Ironically, for a few moments after I played this tune, I didn't want to. But it's better... believing. Considering the alternatives, I feel it's the only thing to do. 

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 98 “The Power of Your Head”

So, I'm tired, almost dead
It's not exactly like I said
No, am I awake
'Bout to go out
Hang at the Jam
Some beers, no doubt

My wife is home
and she says hi
I rise. We kiss. 
Says I look nice.
She starts to clean.
I am going to help her now.



No comments: